Future Men's BBall Schedules

meganeck

wiu712 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:00 am Men's BB has not announced its 2018-2019 schedule yet. The Women have had theirs out for quite a while. Must still be working on the non-conference games.
Coach Wright said they are working on one last contract - before they release the schedule
wiu712

Men's Basketball Announces 2018-19 Slate.
https://goleathernecks.com/news/2018/10 ... slate.aspx
leatherneckcountry

Wow look at that home schedule I can’t wait for all those great games against garbage state university of awesomeness
wiu712

Home Non-Conference Games:
Knox College (Exhibition)
Iowa Wesleyan University (Exhibition)
North Park University
Dominican University (Illinois)
SIU-Edwardsville
Eastern Illinois
Chicago State
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:13 pm Home Non-Conference Games:
North Park University
SIU-Edwardsville
Eastern Illinois
Chicago State
Well...like leatherneckcountry said...not very exciting. On the plus side, we should have a good home record by the time conference season starts. Also, all of the teams except Iowa Wesleyan are from Illinois (and Iowa Wesleyan is actually the second closest to us out of all of them behind Knox...being only about a 90 minute drive away). Maybe we'll do ok bringing in visiting fans for some of these.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:44 pm
North Park University
SIU-Edwardsville
Eastern Illinois
Chicago State
Well...like leatherneckcountry said...not very exciting. On the plus side, we should have a good home record by the time conference season starts. Also, all of the teams except Iowa Wesleyan are from Illinois (and Iowa Wesleyan is actually the second closest to us out of all of them behind Knox...being only about a 90 minute drive away). Maybe we'll do ok bringing in visiting fans for some of these.
I'm just saying I've lived in Illinois my whole life and this is the 1st I've heard of Dominican University I get that it's not easy getting teams to want to come play here but come on. At least the game with north park is part of a Double header so one ticket for the 2 games.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote:
ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:44 pm
North Park University
SIU-Edwardsville
Eastern Illinois
Chicago State
I'm just saying I've lived in Illinois my whole life and this is the 1st I've heard of Dominican University I get that it's not easy getting teams to want to come play here but come on. At least the game with north park is part of a Double header so one ticket for the 2 games.
I'm not disagreeing....just trying to look for the bright spot. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

If I did the math right, our non-exhibition non-conference home game opponents have a combined 35-108 record from the 2017-18 season. That said, it is still an upgrade over bringing in teams from the NCCAA (Christian-affiliated) conferences which we have seen in the past.
Embrace the pace of the race.
HoosierNeck13

What a difference between the men's team and the women's team. The men's schedule is packed with lesser oppents while JD got Mizzou to come to Western Hall.
Necks2003

This is essentially a DIII home schedule. I wonder if any students will show up to watch all of these schools that nobody has even heard of.