Future Men's BBall Schedules

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Continuing post/thread about future schedules:

2022/2023 Schedule
(Home games in bold)

11/7 - at Illinois State (MVC, Normal, IL)
11/11 - at DePaul (Big East, Chicago, IL)
11/14 - at UCF (AAC this year, Orlando, FL)
11/21 - at UTRGV (WAC, Edinburg, TX)
11/30 - vs Southern Indiana (OVC, Evansville, IN)
12/3 - vs UTRGV

12/19 (Mon) - vs North Dakota State
12/21 (Wed) - vs North Dakota
12/29 (Thu) - at South Dakota State
12/31 (Sat) - at South Dakota
1/5 (Thu) - vs Omaha
1/7 (Sat) - vs Denver

1/12 (Thu) - at Oral Roberts
1/14 (Sat) - at Kansas City
1/21 (Sat) - vs St. Thomas
1/26 (Thu) - vs South Dakota
1/28 (Sat) - vs South Dakota State

2/2 (Thu) - at Denver
2/4 (Sat) - at Omaha
2/9 (Thu) - vs Kansas City
2/11 (Sat) - vs Oral Roberts

2/18 (Sat) - at St. Thomas
2/23 (Thu) - at North Dakota
2/25 (Sat) - at North Dakota State

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Neckfansince71

I think this is a very good non-conference schedule for the men!! Iowa State and Butler are the big ticket items we have all been asking for. Miami Oh., UWMil, and American will be very interesting non-conference home games. This is going to be a different team come November!! ;) jc
leatherneckcountry

I've always wanted to go to Hinkle this may have to be my excuse to go.
wiu2013

You would love Hinkle Fieldhouse! Although they have/are doing renovations, they are still keeping that "old fieldhouse" feel. It is definitely a great basketball atmosphere!
leatherneckcountry

yeah i just wish it wasn't a week day game.
Neckfansince71

In the past we have had all sorts of discussion regarding where students should sit. Have been to Hinkley a number of times and the students are either In the limited "endzone " seats (with one side shared with the band) or just above in a short balcony section. The rest of the seats are for ticket holders! It's a wonderful old fieldhouse though, built so that they could hold the state tourney there. The floor runs East and west instead of the initial north and south. Reminds me now a lot of old Robertson Field house in Peoria!😉jc
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Updated the date for the EIU game in Macomb. Not sure if I wrote it down wrong or if they changed it, but it's listed here as 11/15:
[tweet][/tweet]
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Here's a new one I didn't have on the schedule before:
@SIUE on 11/22
[tweet][/tweet]
Neckfansince71

Heard Matt T say that both men's and women's basketball scheduling is very "fluid" and changes as we know from year to year and sometimes week to week. In fact coaching staffs often take a look at a "potential" opponent on tape a couple of times before they "finalize" the deal. The women's game against Stanford is also a win win for both schools. WIU gets to play a NCAA Final 4 team on the west coast, while Stanford gets to play a team with some recent tourney history that will not hurt their "rip" rating! Football though is a totally different animal! ;) jc
sealhall74

Neckfansince71 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:01 am Heard Matt T say that both men's and women's basketball scheduling is very "fluid" and changes as we know from year to year and sometimes week to week. In fact coaching staffs often take a look at a "potential" opponent on tape a couple of times before they "finalize" the deal. The women's game against Stanford is also a win win for both schools. WIU gets to play a NCAA Final 4 team on the west coast, while Stanford gets to play a team with some recent tourney history that will not hurt their "rip" rating! Football though is a totally different animal! ;) jc
Well that didn;t work. Just like my back (spasms) right now. Let's try again. I was just going to say that I would think teams would be looking at an "atmosphere" more than style of play, players, etc. when it comes to picking opponents on the road but I might be wrong.
Embrace the pace of the race.