vs Calvary University, at SIUE, at Iowa State, vs IUPUI

wiu712

Western wins in its largest margin of victory in program history against Calvary, 102-25.

Calvary was missing two of their starters who were out with injuries.

Brandon Gilbeck led the Western scoring with 22 points. Lynrick Moxey had 15. Delo Bruster and Issac Johnson each had 10.

Attendance at Western Hall = 503.
Western_101

Attendance numbers feels like we're back in the D.T. era.

Also, much like the Cheney University contest in football 8/9 years ago. Should these contests even be scheduled, it has to be demoralizing for the team getting the beat down of their life. Meanwhile, what do our guys really take away from it? Heck you could have a scrimmage that would be more productive.
sealhall74

RedNeck wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:22 am Attendance numbers feels like we're back in the D.T. era.

Also, much like the Cheney University contest in football 8/9 years ago. Should these contests even be scheduled, it has to be demoralizing for the team getting the beat down of their life. Meanwhile, what do our guys really take away from it? Heck you could have a scrimmage that would be more productive.
Yeah, I am going to agree with you. So in this case, Billy can save his "It's not who you play, it's how you play" soundbite for another day. IMHO, a team chemistry building exercise over in the art department like JD did last year would have time better spent. :lol:
Embrace the pace of the race.
vatusay

Oh yea, meant to add, event staff “guarded” the fancy seats for the entire game. I find that laughable for a “free” game against a team they beat by 80 points with maybe 400 people there. (I don’t believe the attendance in game recap.)
#ALLIN #YOLO
sealhall74

vatusay wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:32 am Oh yea, meant to add, event staff “guarded” the fancy seats for the entire game. I find that laughable for a “free” game against a team they beat by 80 points with maybe 400 people there. (I don’t believe the attendance in game recap.)
My 2 $/100 is that all seating should be open until we start averaging 1500 (roughly a full lower bowl area) per game for the ENTIRE SEASON. If you want a good seat, show up early and get one. Athletic Dept should have a measurable goal in place and strive to hit it.
wiu51

I don't enjoy when we win 100+ to 25 so I don't go. I would much rather see us lose a decent game than win a garbage game like that.
wiu712

Men at SIU-Edwardsville: 7PM. Watch the game here: http://ovcdigitalnetwork.com/watch/?Live=6011&type=Live
leatherneckcountry

I suggest anyone who’s never been on SIUE campus to not go there are no signs were for anything
sealhall74

Know I said this last year but Gilbeck needs to get a touch nearly every trip on offense. He is a definite threat tot score now and should open things up for the other guys.
leatherneckcountry

This has been Bye far the worse officiated game we’ve had in a long time