vs Miami (OH), vs American, vs Milwaukee

leatherneckcountry

Bill Holstein wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:51 pm
last year Daum got in foul trouble when they played here think you put Usiosefe on him and double down if needed you don't just blindly score 50 plus in a game without being something special.
[/quote]
Usiosefe isn't big enough to guard him. He's not tall enough to contest his 3 ball and not big enough to guard him in the post. Only time you would put him on him is if daum is the 4 and they have a bigger kid at the 5. I watched some of the games from last season (the power of synergy) and the red head did fine against him. Daum actually scored most of his points when he was on the bench.

You sparked my interest here. I just watched some of the highlights from this legendary 50 point game. To me it looks like he was left open on the 3 point line all game. The elephants were trying to "ice" the ball screens, leaving daum wide open. Kids got a hell of a shot, but he has to be open to shoot it. Takes way too long to get off.
[/quote] Henry of SIUE is about the same size as Daum and Usiosefe did a much better job on him than Brandon did.
Bill Holstein

leatherneckcountry wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:29 pm
Bill Holstein wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:51 pm
last year Daum got in foul trouble when they played here think you put Usiosefe on him and double down if needed you don't just blindly score 50 plus in a game without being something special.
Usiosefe isn't big enough to guard him. He's not tall enough to contest his 3 ball and not big enough to guard him in the post. Only time you would put him on him is if daum is the 4 and they have a bigger kid at the 5. I watched some of the games from last season (the power of synergy) and the red head did fine against him. Daum actually scored most of his points when he was on the bench.

You sparked my interest here. I just watched some of the highlights from this legendary 50 point game. To me it looks like he was left open on the 3 point line all game. The elephants were trying to "ice" the ball screens, leaving daum wide open. Kids got a hell of a shot, but he has to be open to shoot it. Takes way too long to get off.
[/quote] Henry of SIUE is about the same size as Daum and Usiosefe did a much better job on him than Brandon did.
[/quote]

Just watch the games from last year, and you'll see what I'm talking about :D
wiu712

Saturday night's game vs UW-Milwaukee is not listed on the ESPN3 schedule.

But it is listed at First Row Sports. Game time is 1900 (7PM):
http://ifirstrowus.eu/sport/basketball.html
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:47 am Saturday night's game vs UW-Milwaukee is not listed on the ESPN3 schedule.

But it is listed at First Row Sports. Game time is 1900 (7PM):
http://ifirstrowus.eu/sport/basketball.html
Yea, doesn't look like it's on ESPN3 today. Unlike football, not all the basketball games are on it.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

Brandon Gilbeck: anchor of Western Illinois defense.

From Saturday's McDonough County Voice:
http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/20 ... is-defense
sealhall74

I was reading the Panther board about tonight's game. Some poster mentioned about the Godfather's Pizza that used to be on University. Back in the day, University Drive was a hopping spot with bars and restaurants. Now not so much. You kind of wonder just how much the closing of all the pubs and eateries there has affected attendance. The reality of the situation now as I see it is there just are no pre-game or post-game spots within walking distance of Hanson and Western Hall. I know there is bus service to take students around town, but what do you think. Was it raising the drinking age that was the nail in the coffin for these establishments or some other forces at play?
Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

53-25 at the half. Incredible display of basketball by the Necks. Deadly from 3 point land, penetrating and finishing when it is there, sharing the rock, few turnovers.
sealhall74

Getting a little careless against their pressure zone. Glad their coach waited 3/4 of game to put it on.
sealhall74

Apparently this game is getting boring. The camera operator does not want keep up with action. LOL
sealhall74

90-69 the final. Good effort save for the last 7 or 8 minutes when we got sloppy with the ball.