Why won't Bradley play Western?

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Sorry, my bad. Still, I'm pretty sure they can find their way here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
meganeck

How do we know its not Western that doesn't want to play Bradley. Maybe Mo didn't want to and Billy doesn't either because of their connection?
vatusay

^^🤔

Hmmmmm
Last edited by vatusay on Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ALLIN #YOLO
beauspencer

Yea, I don't understand it either. You'd think they'd want well-attended games at home. I'm sure it wouldn't be any worse than games against Missouri S&T or Little Rock.
Fans don't even show up to games at WIU.....they certainly won't show up in Peoria.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

beauspencer wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:40 pm
Yea, I don't understand it either. You'd think they'd want well-attended games at home. I'm sure it wouldn't be any worse than games against Missouri S&T or Little Rock.
Fans don't even show up to games at WIU.....they certainly won't show up in Peoria.
Idk about that. My purely anecdotal search of my WIU alumni friends on facebook tells me that of the people I went to school with, was in the Marching Leathernecks with, did radio broadcasts with, and was in a fraternity with, WAY more people (many of which would be the types of people to go to football and basketball games) live in the Peoria area (or Quad Cities area) than in the Macomb region...even if you expand that out to something like a 30 mile radius of Macomb.

Again...very limited sample size...but if I had to put together an alumni pep band for a basketball game at Peoria...I would put money on me being able to get more band alumni to show up to a game there (or, again, in the QC's) than I have ever had in five or so years of doing the alumni pep band at a game in Macomb. I could probably even limit it to just Peoria (or QC) area alumni and still get a larger group than I get here.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
beauspencer

Chicago has a HUGE alumni base, and fans aren't showing up in droves to UIC or Chicago State games.
sealhall74

My $2/100:

If you can't get to a game, concert, drinking establishment, or whatever in 30 minutes or less, you don't make it a habit of showing up on a regular basis.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

beauspencer wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:40 pmFans don't even show up to games at WIU.
The promotional schedule for Men's Basketball shows a lot of "open" dates:
http://www.goleathernecks.com/sports/20 ... tball.aspx

Single game ticket prices could be holding down the crowd. Prices at Western Hall:
$22 Premium (the black seats).
$15 Reserved.
$10 General Admission
$7 Youth/Senior (Youth ages 18 and under, seniors ages 60 and above).

In comparison, Reserved seats at Southern Utah University range from $4.50 to $10.00.
sealhall74

wiu712 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:37 am
beauspencer wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:40 pmFans don't even show up to games at WIU.
The promotional schedule for Men's Basketball shows a lot of "open" dates:
http://www.goleathernecks.com/sports/20 ... tball.aspx

Single game ticket prices could be holding down the crowd. Prices at Western Hall:
$22 Premium (the black seats).
$15 Reserved.
$10 General Admission
$7 Youth/Senior (Youth ages 18 and under, seniors ages 60 and above).

In comparison, Reserved seats at Southern Utah University range from $4.50 to $10.00.
Well, we could get pretty damn creative with the home games tomorrow thru next week.
WIU Basketball - a sure-fire cure for your Dead Week Doldroms.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Western_101

beauspencer wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:14 am Chicago has a HUGE alumni base, and fans aren't showing up in droves to UIC or Chicago State games.
I lived in Schaumburg for a couple years and in the City at Montrose & Clark. There are an infinite amount of things to do in the City. Peoria on the other hand is not very hoppin. I might have gone to a game at the Pavilion when I lived on Montrose. However, I wouldn't go to the Jones Convention Center as I am not particularly fond of that Neighborhood. I really then and now just despise the traffic driving in and around the Chicagoland area in general. Gonna be hard to pry me off my comfy sofa.