Why won't Bradley play Western?

vatusay

Wait. They raised the prices? Did they do this last year and I just didn’t notice? Last I knew they were $8?
#ALLIN #YOLO
leatherneckcountry

No I’m pretty sure it’s still 8
vatusay

Just looked at the athletics site. It says $10 general admission. How do you raise the prices on an abysmal product for the last two decades (minus two years) that has only drawn maybe 500 fans in the first place? Yes, its only $2, but its more the principal of it.
#ALLIN #YOLO
meganeck

vatusay wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:02 pm Just looked at the athletics site. It says $10 general admission. How do you raise the prices on an abysmal product for the last two decades (minus two years) that has only drawn maybe 500 fans in the first place? Yes, its only $2, but its more the principal of it.
I agree, but I wonder if they figure if we are going to avg 500 fans, might as well charge them $10, instead of $8 and try to get a little more money. I think they need to drop prices since people aren't beating down the door to watch WIU athletics right now.
wiu712

Basketball ticket prices at Eastern Illinois:
Floor Chair Backs: $12
General Admission: $7
Senior Citizen: $6
High School / Youth: $5
vatusay

SIU-E has different rates for week/weekend games.

General admission mon-thurs $5.

Friday-Sunday $9.

I kind of like that approach.
#ALLIN #YOLO
sealhall74

It would take a real set of gonads to lower ticket prices after the season starts. Macomb HS takes on Quincy ND tonite. We got Miami (OH). Which game will draw the bigger crowd? I am going with the Bombers. Dead Week is brutal for college hoops attendance or at least that is my impression from several years back when I showed up at a game vs supposed rival EIU. The atmosphere was eerily silent that night, not only in Western Hall but throughout the campus. I wont make that travel blunder ever again.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:37 am It would take a real set of gonads to lower ticket prices after the season starts.
Dead Week is brutal for college hoops attendance....
Is "Dead Week" another name for Finals Week ??? Finals Week at Western starts on December 11. Still another week of classes to go before then.

Western's ticket prices do seem very pricey: $22 for the black seats and the Youth price of $7.

To get bigger crowds, it would be well worth it to drop the price or come up with some incentives for people to attend.
sealhall74

wiu712 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:00 am
sealhall74 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:37 am It would take a real set of gonads to lower ticket prices after the season starts.
Dead Week is brutal for college hoops attendance....
Is "Dead Week" another name for Finals Week ??? Finals Week at Western starts on December 11. Still another week of classes to go before then.

Western's ticket prices do seem very pricey: $22 for the black seats and the Youth price of $7.

To get bigger crowds, it would be well worth it to drop the price or come up with some incentives for people to attend.
Dead Week is the week before finals start. Lot of last minute term paper and studying go on. We have all been there, right?
Embrace the pace of the race.
meganeck

vatusay wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:44 am SIU-E has different rates for week/weekend games.

General admission mon-thurs $5.

Friday-Sunday $9.

I kind of like that approach.
I agree I wouldn't mind this approach if they charged more for weekend games. Still not my preferred route though and yes I agree you can't drop prices during the season.