at Eastern Illinois, at Butler, vs Lincoln Christian

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Just wanted to mention a little bit about the loss to Butler. You never like to lose obviously, and really never want to lose by a huge amount to any team, even a really good team....but....Butler just took down #1 and previously undefeated Villanova...
[tweet][/tweet]

They ended up winning 101-93. They also beat Georgetown 91-89 on Wednesday. So, yes...they put up 107 points on us....but they averaged 96 ppg against Villanova and Georgetown in the last week as well.

Again, you hate to lose...but Butler is looking less like "regular old really good Butler" and more like a Butler team who could make another run to the final four if they keep playing like this.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu2017

Yep, watched some of that game.. Butler wooped #1 team easy. Butler shoots incredible at home.. So maybe we will be ok.. Villanova actually looked like WIU in some stretches..
sealhall74

Butler would have been lucky to get 70 against a Mo team. Not saying I prefer one style of ball over another, just saying that REALLY REALLY good teams are able to play "chameleon ball" and alter their offensive and defensive tactics from game to game depending on the strengths and weaknesses of the opponent. I would say only about 5% of the college teams in the country have the talent to actually do this. The other 95% (Butler included) play their own game and try to get the opponent to play to their style.
Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

No video feed today so I will be listening to it while doing some HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) on the Ball Bike at the gym. I usually adhere to the Tabata protocol (4 periods of 20 seconds high intensity, 10 seconds rest with 1 one minute of recovery time between the periods), but today I will be using a variable protocol. Every 3 we hit will trigger 30 seconds of high intensity pedaling followed by slower pedaling until we hit the next 3. I will only be doing this for the first half which should give me more than enough cardio for the day assuming we hit a few. I love this cardio machine. You have to engage your core to keep centered on the ball and your back gets a little massage from the back rest because there is some side to side sway as you pedal.

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/tabata ... your-life/
wiu712

Western won the game with Lincoln Christian on NYE 91-57. This game was more competitive than last year's 95-39 win over Lincoln Christian. Western was ahead today 43-33 at the half.

Dalan Ancrum led the Western scoring with 17 points. C.J. Duff and Brandon Gilbeck each had 16. Kobe Webster had 13. Jalen Morgan had 12.

The attendance was posted as 523. But there was no one taking tickets at the northeast corner which is one of the main entry points into Western Hall.

Western will start Summit League play this week with 2 road games: Jan 3 at South Dakota. Jan 6 at Oral Roberts.
sealhall74

No Gavin, Hughes, or Snyder in a 30 point blowout. Did the contract specify a quota on the number of bigs we could use or something? Headscratcher to me.