at Eastern Illinois, at Butler, vs Lincoln Christian

vatusay

Ouchy
#ALLIN #YOLO
Bill Holstein

Another horrible loss and another horrible officiated game. Very one sided in my opinion. The red head got in foul trouble again and it took him out of the game..... Again. Seemed like alot of those calls were non existent or there was nothing he could do.
Even if he was in the game, he would have only helped on offense. Butler was killing them on the three point line. Too many turnovers too. Mainly because there was too much dribbling in traffic.
Let's hope they recover over Christmas break and get their groove back.
Bill Holstein

Another horrible loss and another horrible officiated game. Very one sided in my opinion. The red head got in foul trouble again and it took him out of the game..... Again. Seemed like alot of those calls were non existent or there was nothing he could do.
Even if he was in the game, he would have only helped on offense. Butler was killing them on the three point line. Too many turnovers too. Mainly because there was too much dribbling in traffic.
Let's hope they recover over Christmas break and get their groove back.
sealhall74

I did go back and watch the first 10 minutes of it while listening to womens game. Our defense was sagging low in the paint leaving the perimeter wide open. Good D1 players can make uncontested shots all night long. Contrast that with the defense they played (close up hands in your face, deny the pass, quick switches, even beyond the arc). Plain and simple, we do not play well against teams that do not play a similar style of defense to ours. It has been like this for years.
Embrace the pace of the race.
HoosierNeck13

I was at the game and here are my thoughts:
-Butler hit shots early to set the tone and we couldn't respond
-They were the more aggressive team and dominated us on both ends
-I didn't see much emotion from our team or our coaching staff(but I was sitting in the second level and not with the other Western fans)
-Hinkle is a great place to see a game

I know it is one game but I was expecting a little more motivation from our team after the Eastern loss. I'm not sure if it's just me but I wouldn't mind a new coach for the program. Billy is a great person and recruiter but I'm not convinced he can make us a competitive team. We can beat up on lesser opponents but can't compete with the big boys. If we struggle in conference play, I think we need to go in a new direction-maybe a young, successful D2 coach like JD. Thoughts?
wiu2013

HoosierNeck13 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:29 am I was at the game and here are my thoughts:
-Butler hit shots early to set the tone and we couldn't respond
-They were the more aggressive team and dominated us on both ends
-I didn't see much emotion from our team or our coaching staff(but I was sitting in the second level and not with the other Western fans)
-Hinkle is a great place to see a game

I know it is one game but I was expecting a little more motivation from our team after the Eastern loss. I'm not sure if it's just me but I wouldn't mind a new coach for the program. Billy is a great person and recruiter but I'm not convinced he can make us a competitive team. We can beat up on lesser opponents but can't compete with the big boys. If we struggle in conference play, I think we need to go in a new direction-maybe a young, successful D2 coach like JD. Thoughts?
Are we already starting this fire Coach Wright talk! We all know there is a group (are you a member) that are talking loud and to whomever will listen to get this accomplished. Why are you not convinced that he can make us a competitive team? We beat and/or were competitive with Eastern, Milwaukee, Miami, SIUE, American (all teams that are in similar conferences or competition). They lost to Butler (yes, a horrible defeat by score), but Butler is in a conference that is supposed to recruit faster, stronger, better athletes. If they didn't they would not survive in the Big East. Let's keep in mind JD did not start "walking on water" until last year, and he has been at Western for how long? So, it took him how many years to develop and mold "His" team, not the former coaches.
HoosierNeck13

Thanks for the feedback. I am not a member of any group asking for him to be fired but was merely expressing a thought after last night's game. I have been a long time supporter of Western Athletics and simply want all of all teams to have success (I was in grad school during the last two years of the Molinari Era and they were exciting times). Here is our record over the last three years: 8-20, 10-17, 8-20.
wiu2013

The records definitely don't tell the story of all the other things that go on in any program. I just want people to keep in mind what Coach Mo left when he decided to leave. I think he had an idea that the team he left was not going to be very good. Perfect time to leave in my opinion. A player of significance has gotten hurt the past two years leaving players to not play their natural position.
I think JD is an amazing coach and has done an excellent job turning the women's program player around, but he did not do it overnight and he also did not have a firing squad (not referring to anyone in particular). He did not have a winning season at WIU until his 4th season.
leatherneckcountry

I’m at the high school tournament and the TV’s are back up
wiu712

Western vs Lincoln Christian University at 2PM on NYE.

The promotional calendar is showing no special promotion for this game.

These two teams met last season on November 3, 2016. Western won that game 95-39.

Western fans will remember Lincoln Christian head coach Donny Aeilts. Donny is a Western alumnus, and he played on the Western Baseball team. His son #2 Garrett Aeilts is a sophomore on the team.

Lincoln Christian teams, known as the Red Lions, participate as a member of the National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA), as well as a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA). They compete as an Independent in both organizations.

Lincoln Christian was a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association's Division III, primarily competing in the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.