at Denver (Mile High City), at Fargo (No Nickname)

sealhall74

Denver does not have a single game pay to view option so I bit off a whole month worth of College Sports Live. That should be good for the womens game out there about a month from now and then I will cancel. The men flew charter flight from Quad Cities straight in to Denver so they should be in good physical shape for this one (no knee-banging on the seat in front of them way back in the economy section). ;)
Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

Pioneers up 30-24 at the half. Webster and Ancrum keeping the bench warm for most of the half. Billy going with two bigs (including homeboy Chuck Gavin) for most of the half.
wiu2013

Will someone tell the announcers that we can hear them during timeouts having personal conversations.
sealhall74

Denver takes it 70-58. We made a run and had a short-lived lead in the 2nd half. Story of the game, Denver shared the rock much better with 19 assists to our 6. BTW, 6 assists is a good half for EmClem.
wiu712

Kobe Webster led the Western scoring with 22 points. Isaac Johnson had 12. C.J. Duff had 11.

Attendance at Denver = 935.
Last edited by wiu712 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Better late than never, I suppose...

North Dakota State Bison

Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 2 PM
NDSU is 11-10 overall with a 3-3 conference record. Summit League wins at South Dakota, vs Oral Roberts and Omaha. Losses at home vs South Dakota State, Denver, and Fort Wayne.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

48 shot's and 38 from 3 guys are bigs combine for 5 shots that's ridiculous did Dalan get hurt he only played 3 minutes.
sealhall74

leatherneckcountry wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:51 am 48 shot's and 38 from 3 guys are bigs combine for 5 shots that's ridiculous did Dalan get hurt he only played 3 minutes.
In postgame interview, Billy said Dalan "had a bad week of practice". Not bad enough to deny the start but apparently his bad week carried over into the game and he was yanked. Reminds me of Usiosefe who could barely jump off the floor but he too was good enough to start. On the plus side, Johnson is looking pretty good and I see Billy going mostly young from here on. Billy still has that ongoing chemistry experiment. Our bigs are not scorers. You have to find the right mix of defensive presence and scoring threat to keep you in the game until the final 5 minutes when anything can happen. Did not go our way in this one. Except for the two teams from South Dakota, the results could be different in those games. Summit is not that strong this year.
vatusay

Gilbeck can score if he gets the ball.

Him always being in foul trouble doesn’t help
#ALLIN #YOLO
sealhall74

vatusay wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:23 pm Gilbeck can score if he gets the ball.

Him always being in foul trouble doesn’t help
Yes he can but he has a long way to go to create his own shot when he is more than an arm length away from bucket. Both he and Hughes were open a few times last night on roll to bucket after setting high screens but ball never got to them. I wish both of those guys were sophomores instead of juniors and with the young talent we have on board, things could get real good a couple years down the road. For fouls, Gilbeck still picks up a silly foul or two on the offensive end. Gotta cut that out.