2018 Summit League Tournament

Rocky Swishterson

When Gilbeck got pulled with his third foul in the tournament game we were still up by 9 against the No. 1. seed. I cringed when he came out. And sure enough, before 90 seconds had passed it was tied.
I know that this is a normal move that is made by coaches all the time....BUT NOT WHEN YOU HAVE THE EIGHTH SEED TEAM AND REMOVING YOUR TOP PLAYER CHANGES EVERYTHING.
You have GOT to risk another foul and leave Gilbeck in. My God...what did we have to lose?
We have to have a new coach.
leatherneckcountry

So last nights game between NDSU and SDSU Featured Kelly Pfeifer who is from Mitchell SD and Rob Kueneman who is a NDSU grad Hmmmmm wonder why the officiating in the summit is so awful.
sealhall74

Lamont Simpson is usually the lead ref for the championship game. He is probably the best in the Summit League but spends most of his time elsewhere.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

South Dakota State beat South Dakota 97-87 in the championship game.

Attendance = 11,114.
sealhall74

It is hard not to be impressed by SDSU. They can beat you around the rim with their length. They can also kill you by going small with a trio of super-quick guards. Jenkins Jr. could have Jack fans completely forgetting about Nate Wolters in the next year or two.

For what is worth, we seemed to give them their best challenge. I still need to watch the replay to see what we did.
vatusay

They got gilbeck the ball inside. Pretty much what has been obviously needed last couple years. Finally happened. Once he was out they went right back to terrible style of NBA basketball.
#ALLIN #YOLO
leatherneckcountry

SDSU has 2 star players and a bunch of other players who know there role and are good at it. There willing to sacrifice for the better of the team. I thought when TJ went there he would be there 4 yrs max I think a lot of the big boys will be calling soon.
wiu712

Western Pep Band at the Summit League Tournament in Sioux Falls:
sealhall74

Stuck at airport in Minneapolis right now. Missed my earlier connection because they spent too much time de-icing the plane in Sioux Falls. The Denny is a pretty nice arena. When they fill it up to capacity, things do get a bit crazy. Concession and restroom corridors get really crowded at half-time and after the game. In fact, there is even sort of a dangerous situation when all of the people on the upper level (where I was) come down the escalator (only one I think) and steps to the middle level where there is another escalator and set of steps. Without the security people blocking the flow, you could easy have people falling all over each other. They were encouraging folks to take the emergency exit stairs to get to the outside. Aside from these things, it is a very friendly place to watch some basketball. Food and drink inside the arena are pretty good also.

I am not 100% sure because I was up a little high, but it looked to me like there were about 10 students dressed in purple who I think were part of band or dance team that watched the game amongst the Coyote students last night. Looked like they were enjoying the festivities, put a high five on the Coyote band director, jumped around a lot, etc.

I am hoping that one of these years, the AD can put together a fan bus or two to bring some Macombites up to the event. Sioux Falls has a lot of hotels and nice restaurants in the area. Defintely worth the trip and will remain on my annual bucket list regardless of how well our Necks are doing.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:28 amI am not 100% sure because I was up a little high, but it looked to me like there were about 10 students dressed in purple who I think were part of band or dance team that watched the game amongst the Coyote students last night. Looked like they were enjoying the festivities, put a high five on the Coyote band director, jumped around a lot, etc.
Due to road closures and stuff, the band had to stick around until this morning. Anyone who was interested in going to see the championship game last night was able to do so. I'd imagine at least a few of the band members went to the game.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000