2018 Summit League Tournament

Lakesbison

Down 2 30 secs? Cmon necks!! U got this
vatusay

Must be nice to have home conference tournament every year......
#ALLIN #YOLO
Lakesbison

Daum bailed out by 12000 fans whining to the refs . How embarassing

Play it in chicago or dubuque or des moines or minneapolis. Just 1 time
Necks2003

Definately a missed opportunity.

If Duff, Ancrum or Webster had better shooting nights it would have been a blowout the other way.
wiu712

South Dakota State won the game 66-60.

Isaac Johnson led the Western scoring with 17 points. Brandon Gilbeck had 14. Dalan Ancrum had 13. Kobe Webster had 7. C.J. Duff had 6. Delo Bruster had 3.

Mike Daum led the South Dakota State scoring with 33 points. He was their only player in double-figures.

Western shot 45% (25 of 56). South Dakota State shot 33% (21 of 64).

Seven 3-point shots for South Dakota State. Four for Western.

Western was 6 for 10 on free throws. South Dakota State was 17 for 25.

Western had the lead for 25 minutes.

The Dakotas have an advantage with the Midco Sports Network. We have nothing like that in Illinois.
sealhall74

I was able to keep up with the score and stats on the plane but no live audio or video. I got off the plane and there were a couple of TVs in the airport lounge that I watched for a minute or two. Somehow we left the paint so wide open that a tractor trailer could drive down it and they did for an easy bucket. I felt like screaming. The other play I saw was the Kobe floater that I think Billy got Teed up on but I did not get to see how that turned out. I will be watching the replay of this one. Just interested to see what we did different. Was it just execution? If so, why can't we execute like that in during the regular season. You sure as hell do not want to be the 8 seed and be in this position every year.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu2013

sealhall74 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:45 pm I was able to keep up with the score and stats on the plane but no live audio or video. I got off the plane and there were a couple of TVs in the airport lounge that I watched for a minute or two. Somehow we left the paint so wide open that a tractor trailer could drive down it and they did for an easy bucket. I felt like screaming. The other play I saw was the Kobe floater that I think Billy got Teed up on but I did not get to see how that turned out. I will be watching the replay of this one. Just interested to see what we did different. Was it just execution? If so, why can't we execute like that in during the regular season. You sure as hell do not want to be the 8 seed and be in this position every year.
I believe the few layups by the point guard were definitely miscommunication by the guys.
Billy got a technical because of Brandon's 4th foul. Even the commentators agreed that the foul on Brandon should have never been called. SDSU made the technical shots, but I believe they missed the foul free throws.
What was different?? Brandon was able to play longer than 13 minutes in the first game and minimum minutes in the second game. I also think they played good defense. SDSU stated after the game that WIU did a good job of switching their players and defense against them.
Kobe did not have a good shooting night, but he doesn't seem to shoot well on the road.
wiu712

South Dakota beat Omaha 87-73 in Saturday's second game.

Attendance for the evening Quarter-final session = 10,771.
Tere North

Sounds like the men pretty much saved their best basketball for the last game of the season.

While it made it a good game and you want to peak at conference showdown time, better play during the season would have avoided being seeded 8th and having to play the top seed.
leatherneckcountry

wiu2013 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:04 pm
sealhall74 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:45 pm I was able to keep up with the score and stats on the plane but no live audio or video. I got off the plane and there were a couple of TVs in the airport lounge that I watched for a minute or two. Somehow we left the paint so wide open that a tractor trailer could drive down it and they did for an easy bucket. I felt like screaming. The other play I saw was the Kobe floater that I think Billy got Teed up on but I did not get to see how that turned out. I will be watching the replay of this one. Just interested to see what we did different. Was it just execution? If so, why can't we execute like that in during the regular season. You sure as hell do not want to be the 8 seed and be in this position every year.
I believe the few layups by the point guard were definitely miscommunication by the guys.
Billy got a technical because of Brandon's 4th foul. Even the commentators agreed that the foul on Brandon should have never been called. SDSU made the technical shots, but I believe they missed the foul free throws.
What was different?? Brandon was able to play longer than 13 minutes in the first game and minimum minutes in the second game. I also think they played good defense. SDSU stated after the game that WIU did a good job of switching their players and defense against them.
Kobe did not have a good shooting night, but he doesn't seem to shoot well on the road.
The fact that the big ten had there tournament this week killed the summit league when it came to officiating there were at least 3 officials at todays Big ten games that would typically be doing the summit league tournament Daryl Smith is a complete joke Bryan Anslinger did the game against NDSU a couple weeks ago and he was a complete joke the other official I haven't really seen so I can't comment on.