Next year's roster

meganeck

Haven't heard about anybody leaving, except Barnes which was talked about a while ago. So with that in mind and the 3 recruits announced so far, next year's roster breaks down like this by class

SR- 2
JR - 5
Soph - 3
FR - 2

Roster edited after, departure of Foster & Hawthorne - 5/23 edited after 2 new signings
Last edited by meganeck on Fri May 23, 2014 11:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
loyalfan

Just got done looking at some pics on twitter from the WESPYS tonite at WIU and one of them shows the Mens basketball team with all of this past seasons players except for Hawthorne and Foster....Have no idea if that means anything but it could be a reason we are signing and looking at so many guards...Pure speculation obviously...but it wouldnt be a huge surprise if one or both decided to move on...
wiu51

I have heard niether foster or hawthorn will be back next year.
WIU0812

Well then I guess we can say that there are still 3 spots open for recruiting. Hopefully these fill soon and we do not get left scrapping bottom of barrel.
wiu712

The Burlington Hawk-Eye's John Bohnekamp interviewed Coach Wright:

http://www3.thehawkeye.com/bohnenkamp_blog/
sealhall74

wiu712 wrote:The Burlington Hawk-Eye's John Bohnekamp interviewed Coach Wright:

http://www3.thehawkeye.com/bohnenkamp_blog/
Good interview by JB. I do not see the advantage of saving a scholarship on the assumption that the NCAA MIGHT change its transfer rules sometime in the future. That change would certainly not be made overnight. Plus on any typical year, one or two guys will probably leave the program early anyway. We got a good recruiter. We will soon see what kind of scheduler he is. I hope he does schedule a game or two in the Quad-Cities and steers way clear of bringing DIII teams to Western Hall just to fill up a schedule. Not sure how often Mo tried to pull off a 2 for 1 deal but our slow-paced defensive-oriented game probably made it a very tough sell to opposing coaches.
Embrace the pace of the race.
B-Ball Fan

Like the 4 recruits signed so far, Hope can still bring in couple more bigs.
Rocky

I think a lot of the schedule will be done (a lot of the road teams we had played last year will be coming to Western Hall this year). There should be a few openings, though. I would like to play a team from a major conference every year (Big Ten). Any chance we can play Bradley again? Billy, like Coach Molinari, seems to be held in high-regard in the Bradley community.
wiu712

The Men's Basketball team for 2014-2015 was a featured story on Wednesday's WGEM-TV Sports:

http://www.wgem.com/story/25521197/2014 ... irst-month
meganeck

wiu51 wrote:I have heard niether foster or hawthorn will be back next year.
Neither show on current roster