Pre-season ranking is a bunch of merde!

Neckfansince71

Pardon my French, but the Leathernecks will absolutely not finish dead last in the Summit! Big men x 3 have improved with Gilbeck and Huges seniors and Claar a red-shirt junior. A couple of guards that are capable of making things happen and Jeremiah Usif...... to once again garbage board and play defense, something he did so well until he hurt his knee last season. Not sure how our new players are doing, but I just gotta good feeling about this team. They are ready to go! ;) jc
sealhall74

Nous pourrions surprendre quelques personnes si nous restons en bonne santé.
;)
Embrace the pace of the race.
letsgonecks

Our historically bad teams and overall poor play is what earned us the preseason 9 seed. I don't blame outsiders, but kind of question how they can put 2 major position players in the top 11 of the players in the conference and still think they'll finish last.

Personally, this team should finish top 5 and if not, we need to find a new head coach. Unless we're decimated by injuries, this team has a ton of talent and some additions that could make us legit.

We shall see!!!!
sealhall74

This tweet can give us some hoop hope. Second coming of TP?

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:40 am This tweet can give us some hoop hope. Second coming of TP?
Obviously gotta have the guys who can feed the ball to him and he needs to be able to get through traffic to do that, but a few of those in a game can really get the crowd (and team) energized and motivated. I hope to see that in person fairly often this year.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
vatusay

I really hope coach wright makes me eat all the crow in the world this year. And for goodness sakes get the hall down low!!!! Been pounding that drum for five years.
#ALLIN #YOLO
sealhall74

Could we actually see a true center AND a true power forward in the starting lineup this year? I can't remember the last time it happened. Who was alongside Big James Granstra?

BTW, James appears to be doing very well.

http://www.kenrichgroup.com/professiona ... -granstra/
letsgonecks

sealhall74 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:21 am Could we actually see a true center AND a true power forward in the starting lineup this year? I can't remember the last time it happened. Who was alongside Big James Granstra?

BTW, James appears to be doing very well.

http://www.kenrichgroup.com/professiona ... -granstra/
No one really. His last year, we saw Okafor start a few games and play a little, but he wasn't what we hoped after transferring in from Toledo. Had he decided to stay he would have likely started with Kaimarr Price as the the PF and would have been a solid tandem.

Had Delvon Johnson not transferred out they could have been a nice pair. His senior year he started 31 games on a decent Arkansas team averaging 9.6 points, 7.2 rebounds, and 2.9 blocks.