At Eastern Illinois

wiu712

Eastern Illinois wins 68-66 in overtime.

Kobe Webster led the Western scoring with 18 points. C.J. Duff had 16. Isaac Johnson had 13.

Attendance at Eastern Illinois = 696.
sealhall74

It would have been nice to have some decent audio to go along with this broadcast. For most of it, mine was not working. We had stretches early when we looke good but the latter stages of this game were very frustrating watch. Too damn much dribbling on the perimeter. Deer-in-headlights look against their zone press. Bad clock management leading to forced 3 point shots. Last but not least, Gilbeck with few touches on the offensive end. The kid needs to touch the ball in the paint every possession. Does not need to score that much (10 or 12 is about right) but getting him the ball opens up things for everyone else. Eastern essentially won the game in overtime by taking the ball inside and getting to the foul line where they were 4-6 while we were 0-2. In summary, most of us seem to be impressed with the level of talent we have this year. Lets not waste it by doing the same old same-old.

Sorry guys, I am a little ranty this morning. Probably has something to do with the football game yesterday.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu2013

The whole game was frustrating from beginning to end for many reasons...
1. The clock/shot clock went out the first 2-3 minutes of the game.
2. The streaming experience was terrible! The score was always delayed, so the announcer had to constantly update the score. That was great until he became extremely muffled then just disappeared almost the whole 2nd half. There was no radio broadcast - WIU or EIU. ( I assume because of football).
3. EIU did not beat WIU. WIU clearly beat themselves. Mental breakdowns/missed free throws/ rebounds. It is nice to throw it in to Gilbeck, but his hands were not very strong last night and he continued to bring the ball low getting it stripped from him (mental breakdowns).
4. So, what are your thoughts on the flagrant 2 called on Pyle? I did not see anything, but of course, no replays were shown.
wiu712

wiu2013 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:27 amThere was no radio broadcast - WIU or EIU.
The game should have been on WRMS (94.3 FM). It was listed on their Sports Schedule for Saturday.

WJEQ (102.7 FM) may not be doing the Men's games this year. They did not broadcast Wednesday's game vs Dominican University. If that is the case, there will be no local Macomb broadcast for those games not aired by WIUS (88.3 FM).
sealhall74

wiu712 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:58 pm
wiu2013 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:27 amThere was no radio broadcast - WIU or EIU.
The game should have been on WRMS (94.3 FM). It was listed on their Sports Schedule for Saturday.

WJEQ (102.7 FM) may not be doing the Men's games this year. They did not broadcast Wednesday's game vs Dominican University. If that is the case, there will be no local Macomb broadcast for those games not aired by WIUS (88.3 FM).
I would like to see us make a change to the way we handle broadcasts and I know few are going to agree with me here, but that is OK. If we all agree on everything, progress is stifled. IMHO, we need to put our best foot forward and have the radio guy(s) and or gal(s) become the audio source for the ESPN video stream. I am pretty sure this is the way the Jacks do their basketball broadcasts, maybe others in conference as well. Give a look at this video stream and honestly tell me that this is not the best way to watch basketball.

Embrace the pace of the race.
beauspencer

I would like to see us make a change to the way we handle broadcasts and I know few are going to agree with me here, but that is OK. If we all agree on everything, progress is stifled. IMHO, we need to put our best foot forward and have the radio guy(s) and or gal(s) become the audio source for the ESPN video stream. I am pretty sure this is the way the Jacks do their basketball broadcasts, maybe others in conference as well. Give a look at this video stream and honestly tell me that this is not the best way to watch basketball.
That is the ideal way to go, but it wouldn't fly. I can't see the broadcasting department allowing that to fly. It was a tricky working relationship between broadcasting and athletics during my time.
leatherneckcountry

anyone else not able to get the game on espn + today
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:34 pm anyone else not able to get the game on espn + today
It says "We're experiencing technical difficulties"...so it looks like something with ESPN themselves or with UT-Martin's feed.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000