at UT-Martin (11/21/18)

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Despite a rocky start (UTM up 14-3 fairly early on), the Leathernecks have battled back. Halftime currently and it's 49-16 WIU: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=235820
Supposed to be on ESPN+, but is experiencing technical difficulties.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
meganeck

Well, WIU gave that game away, brutal loss. Lost 92-90. Up double digits with with 5 or 6 minutes left.

The player that hurt WIU down the stretch, draining 3-pointers, was just reinstated today by the NCAA. Granting him to play immediately upon his transfer from the Citadel.
leatherneckcountry

Lost that game in the 1st 5 minutes and the last 5 minutes.
letsgonecks

Typical WIU basketball. Not being able to finish a game. Weird that every team we play steps up and makes plays down the stretch, but not us.

Is there a WIU curse I'm not aware????
wiu2013

That was a tough loss!

I am more upset that ESPN + or Tennessee Martin could not get their video stream together, and we missed a good game win or lose!!

On a good note, I am glad Usiosefe is back.
sealhall74

Billy has another chemistry experiment to work on this year but it is a good one - lots of talent and lots of depth. I think the opportunity exists to go with a very traditional 2G, 2F, and C lineup if he wants to go there. Webster and Usiosefe at the Gs. Pyle and Claar at the Fs, and Gilbeck at the post. That would be an awesome lineup IF all the big men could knock down 8-10 a game. Pyle also has a lot of G instincts for a big guy. The others (Young, Johnson, Duff, ...) have also shown that they can score as well. I think it makes a lot of sense to pick up the pace of the game with all of the talent on the bench ready to come in and give a guy a rest. Maybe even do some full court pressing of our own or is that forbidden inside Western Hall. I just hope Billy gets it all figured out by the first game of conference season.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Tennessee-Martin won the game 92-90.

Kobe Webster led the Western scoring with 21 points. Jeremiah Usiosefe had 19. C.J. Duff had 12. Brandon Gilbeck and Zion Young each had 10.

The game was on WJEQ (102.7 FM) with Danny Frey.

Attendance at UTM = 1,005.

Next game will be Saturday (Nov 24) at Nebraska. Game time is 1PM.
wiu2013

Any idea who may begin to radio for Scott Kornberg? I spoke with him the last home game and he was thinking today may have been his last game because of football (playoffs). I know Danny does women's basketball and I know WIU is not expecting him to pull double-duty. Although there are quite a few double - headers this year, so I guess it is possible.
wiu712

wiu2013 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:32 pmAny idea who may begin to radio for Scott Kornberg? I spoke with him the last home game and he was thinking today may have been his last game because of football (playoffs). I know Danny does women's basketball and I know WIU is not expecting him to pull double-duty. Although there are quite a few double-headers this year, so I guess it is possible.
Danny Frey has done the last 2 Men's games (at EIU and at Tenn-Martin).

Women's Basketball has a new announcer this year - Ryan Kent.
wiu2013

wiu712 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:23 pm
wiu2013 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:32 pmAny idea who may begin to radio for Scott Kornberg? I spoke with him the last home game and he was thinking today may have been his last game because of football (playoffs). I know Danny does women's basketball and I know WIU is not expecting him to pull double-duty. Although there are quite a few double-headers this year, so I guess it is possible.
Danny Frey has done the last 2 Men's games (at EIU and at Tenn-Martin).

Women's Basketball has a new announcer this year - Ryan Kent.
Thank you for the update.