vs Chicago State

wiu712

Home game today (Thursday, Dec 20) at 2PM.

Game available here: https://goleathernecks.com/watch/?Live=488&type=Live
wiu712

Today's game is part of the Summit League/WAC Conference Challenge.
http://www.thesummitleague.org/sports/m ... 1016n23nw7

It will be Faculty/Staff/Administration Appreciation Day with Free Admission with a university ID.
sealhall74

Radio crew providing the audio the for video broadcast today. This is progress. Two Thumbs Up. And I don't mean "Jump Ball".
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:03 pm Radio crew providing the audio the for video broadcast today. This is progress. Two Thumbs Up. And I don't mean "Jump Ball".
Not the regular radio crew...it's Michael Jones and Arlen Britton, who used to be the radio guys for WIU athletics back when I was working for the radio station. Quite a few WIU and Macomb High football and basketball games I listened to sitting at the station running the sound board with those guys "on location". MJ was the "Voice of the Leathernecks" when I was in school and for a while afterwards. The regular radio people are out in Vegas with the women's team, I believe.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

I would like to see Gilbeck get more looks as well. One play you hardly ever see is a spinoff of the NC State last second missed shot/dunk to win the NCAA Championship in 1983. That was an accident that ended well. Big guys are usually the beneficiary of designed alley oop passes when there is a lot of player movement. They could also receive an alley oop via a pass from the perimeter which looks just like 3-pt shot until it get very near the basket. At that point, the big guy begins his leap, catches the ball, and slams it home. The key is the pass has to look like a real shot to keep the defense on their feet expecting to get in rebound position.

Embrace the pace of the race.
meganeck

ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:18 pm
sealhall74 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:03 pm Radio crew providing the audio the for video broadcast today. This is progress. Two Thumbs Up. And I don't mean "Jump Ball".
Not the regular radio crew...it's Michael Jones and Arlen Britton, who used to be the radio guys for WIU athletics back when I was working for the radio station. Quite a few WIU and Macomb High football and basketball games I listened to sitting at the station running the sound board with those guys "on location". MJ was the "Voice of the Leathernecks" when I was in school and for a while afterwards. The regular radio people are out in Vegas with the women's team, I believe.
Nice to see these 2 doing a game
OldHare

Gilbeck with 17 minutes, 6 points, 5 blocks, & 7 rebounds looks like a triple double and he has yet to get his first personal foul!
leatherneckcountry

I can’t believe these guys beat EIU
Neckfansince71

And there in lies the "mystery" of this season so far. I just wish we were a bit more solid with the ball inside! ;) jc
Neckfansince71

Michael and Arlon just seem to belong on the radio doing play by play. The very first time I met MJ he was broadcasting a Chicago State game at Chicago State in there tiny unkept gym. He has not missed a step since then! ;) jc