vs South Dakota State

vatusay

Lol. This team is bad. That was NOT an #ALLIN effort. Daum barely saw the court in foul trouble, also.

Absolutely terrible shot selection. Lazy defense. Again. No adjustments.

I doubt they win five games in conference this year after seeing that performance.

Hope Zion doesn’t transfer after this year.

Time for a new coach. About two years too late.

Quite embarrassing.
#ALLIN #YOLO
wiu2017

Coach will probably blame it on it being a young team.. Problem is its been four years and he is playing more underclassmen than ever.. He has talented kids but trys to force them into his system. You have to adjust your system to your players. For one example. Gilbeck needs to be in a zone defense.
Another issue is player development. Like .. Why is Gilbeck still shooting a hook shot he almost never makes. Coaches should have trained him dunk everything from day one or sit the bench.
vatusay

Check out the points in the paint stats.

Seemed as though half of their shots were off-balances jumpers. They weren’t going down and there was still no changes.
#ALLIN #YOLO
sealhall74

This is D1. Even a 7 footer needs a mid-range game to keep the defense honest and set up his stuff around the bucket. This team is offensively challenged from a scheme standpoint, not a talent standpoint, and when it does not go well at the O end of the court, it carries over to the defense. Lacking any form of "identity" like we had in the Mo era. It's almost like watching a bunch of kids during the summer in AAU ball. I agree with the need for more zone defense. We are not athletic enough to match up with a team like SDSU one on one.
Embrace the pace of the race.
huskie

If you have complaints about athletics streams, please contact the Broadcasting Department at WIU.
wiu712

South Dakota State won the game 100-58.

Zion Young led the Western scoring with 16 points. Kobe Webster had 14. Brandon Gilbeck had 12.

South Dakota State shot 62%. Western shot 29%.

Attendance at Western Hall = 441.

Next game will be Sunday vs Denver at Western Hall. Game time is 4:30 PM.

South Dakota State tops Western Men in Summit opener.
From the McDonough County Voice:
http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/20 ... mit-opener
sealhall74

I think the Economic and Decision Sciences Department will find a very strong correlation between the quality of the broadcast stream and the deficit on the scoreboard in conjunction with the time remaining in the game.

I also think the Broadcasting Department needs to stick with this radio guy providing audio for broadcast approach. It's like Sirius Xm radio. Once you have experienced it, you can't live without it. Even the Jack faithful were impressed. With Danny Frey and Ryan Kent, we have two of the best student broadcasters in the country IMHO.
Last edited by sealhall74 on Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Omaha had a home double-header on Friday. It was "High School Night": free admission for all high school students. The crowd for that game was 2,090.

Summit League games scheduled at North Dakota and North Dakota State on Friday were cancelled due to the weather.
OldHare

Are there any postgame tapes from men or women?
Western_101

I cant confirm. but sources say the tapes were burned .