Yawns or Brawns vs 'Dons

sealhall74

I watched the first half of their game against USD last weekend and turned it off at halftime very impressed and thinking they had the game in hand. Wrong. Yotes blew 'em out in 2nd half. Seems they run hot and cold and never heated up at all in the 2nd half. That said, I think they have the best player in the Summit in John Konchar. Yea, I know Daum is good but he does not have the versatility that Konchar brings. Konchar is deceptively quick and can play in different gears. He can handle the ball, drive and dish or finish at the rim. He is strong enough to post up around the bucket or nail bombs from long range if you leave him some space. After all that, his biggest asset IMHO is he simply makes the other players around him better as he leads the team in assists and it is not even close. OK, that's enough of a hardon for them.

What do we need to do? Well, we could do what we always do and let the crowd sit back and fall asleep in the seats. OR we could play a little more uptempo against these guys AND, most imortantly, play with some "physicality". We are without a doubt the weakest team in the league on the stat sheet thus far. If you are not getting to the foul line very much (we dont) and a large percentage of your shots are taken falling away from your defender or with your back to the defender (Gilbeck), you are weak and need to BRAWN UP a bit. D1 basketball is a physical game and if you don't play that way, you might as well stay in the locker room.

Wow, I first posted this spelling Brawn as Braun. Yea, I miss Olivia on the ladies side of the house. :lol:
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Western vs Purdue Fort Wayne at 7PM today. Game 2 of a Women's / Men's double-header.

Leathernecks host first place Mastodons.
From the Western Courier:
https://westerncourier.com/43151/sports ... mastodons/
leatherneckcountry

Wow been feeding the post and guards are attacking which is opening every thing else lets see how long this lasts
sealhall74

We are dangerous when the 3s are falling and just about everyone on the floor except for the big guy can shoot the 3.
leatherneckcountry

sealhall74 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:47 pm We are dangerous when the 3s are falling and just about everyone on the floor except for the big guy can shoot the 3.
Those three come easier when you are driving and kicking or going into the post now let’s see if they can do it for a full 40
leathernecks1

Not holding my breath. My prediction is the shooting will cool off and PFW will make the adjustments at halftime to pull off the win.
Neckfansince71

Well well! Hustled the entire game on offense and defense! Nicely done, gotta keep the formula for this kind of chemistry! ;) jc
sealhall74

PFW never knew what hit them tonight. This one would make a good Cybervision tape. Yep, I do believe in that stuff based on a bowling experience I had back in the 80s but I will spare you the details.

leatherneckcountry

The offense was great but I was more impressed on the other end Fort Wayne is probably the 2nd best offensive team in the league and we held them under 60 only complaint was how does a team score 87 and only 5 fouls are called pretty sure Brian McNutt who does big ten games didn’t call one foul on them.
wiu712

Western wins 87-58.

C.J. Duff led the Western scoring with 30 points. Kobe Webster had 16. Zion Young had 10.

Western was 15 for 24 on three-point attempts (62.5%).

Western only had 2 free throw attempts. Ben Pyle made both.

Western out-rebounded Purdue Fort Wayne 42-24.

Attendance at Western Hall = 496.

Next game will be on Saturday (Jan 26) at South Dakota. Game time is 3:30 PM.

C.J. Duff and the Western defense dominate Purdue Fort Wayne.
From the McDonough County Voice:
https://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/2 ... inate-dons