Thoughts, theories PFW?

Neckfansince71

So anyone have any theories regarding the game last night besides, "well they missed their shots and we made ours?" Did we physically match up better with them compared to other Summit teams. Was that why "Big Red" (9 reb.) was able to dominate on the boards along with Pyle (9 reb). Of course we got 30 from Duff, but didn't it seem like Webster was ready to become the much needed floor general and not worry about his points, not to mention a much more thoughtful Johnson and a slowly developing Young. Clar really looked into the game too. What do you all think? ;) jc

ps. I just talked with someone who lives on the outskirts of town who said the County Sheriff suggested that people should stay home and off the roads last night which could have been to blame for a lower attendance. This is also the weekend that we usually travel to Macomb from the suburbs for the double hitter and we decided not to which definitely seemed to be the right call for two 65 year olds!
leatherneckcountry

This game was won in the 1st 2 minutes Brandon got 2 dunks and a layup early then our guards started driving and kicking which was leading to open shots instead of shooting with someone all over them. The offense was nice but to me it was all about the defense held them to 25 pts under there avg. We killed them on the glass so they weren't getting 2nd chance pts.
sealhall74

The stat that sticks out to me is the Ben Pyle assist total (9). Several lead to 3s so while he only put in 9 points himself, he was easily responsible for 25-30 on the scoreboard. He was threading the needle with some very tough passes. Could have had 3 or 4 more assists if a few bunnies drop around the bucket.

Defensively, I watched the replay and I did not see us doing much different than what we usually do in the packline. We did pick them up in the backcourt for most of the game so maybe that threw the Dons out of rhythm a bit.
Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherneckcountry

sealhall74 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:40 pm The stat that sticks out to me is the Ben Pyle assist total (9). Several lead to 3s so while he only put in 9 points himself, he was easily responsible for 25-30 on the scoreboard. He was threading the needle with some very tough passes. Could have had 3 or 4 more assists if a few bunnies drop around the bucket.

Defensively, I watched the replay and I did not see us doing much different than what we usually do in the packline. We did pick them up in the backcourt for most of the game so maybe that threw the Dons out of rhythm a bit.
Yeah the defense was able to get setup because of what they were doing on the offensive end Fort Wayne wasn't able to get a much in transition.
wiu2013

sealhall74 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:40 pm The stat that sticks out to me is the Ben Pyle assist total (9). Several lead to 3s so while he only put in 9 points himself, he was easily responsible for 25-30 on the scoreboard. He was threading the needle with some very tough passes. Could have had 3 or 4 more assists if a few bunnies drop around the bucket.

Yes, the person I was sitting with and I were discussing the same thing. Although Ben Pyle scored 9 points, he does a nice job passing the ball, especially to Brandon Gilbeck. Ben also rebounded well, and that has not been consistent for him. I told my friend his shot seems to
"take a nap" in the first half, but it wakes up in the second half. His scoring is needed, but his passing is more beneficial.