North Dakota

wiu712

North Dakota won the game 74-73.

C.J. Duff led the Western scoring with 20 points. Brandon Gilbeck had 13. Kobe Webster and Zion Young each had 12.

Attendance at Western Hall = 476.

Next game will be on Saturday (Feb 2) at Western Hall vs North Dakota State. Game time is 7PM.
Lakesbison

leatherneckcountry wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:37 pm
Lakesbison wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:32 pm why did wiu foul up 1 with 4 secs left? (according to espn)

horrible loss. yikes. und is dog crap
Yeah they called a foul on a 3 and of course in typical UnD fashion one of there punk assistants tried to go after are players after the game send these punks back to the big sky
whats the details on this. . they are always fighting... last year Iowa coach refused to shake their hands, 2 years ago they shoved a ndsu player on a layup to the ground.. always something.
sealhall74

Five freaking assists for the TEAM. Kobe should have 5 in the first half and I don't put it all on him. The other guys have to MOVE and want the ball. When I played ball in junior high, one of my teammate's Dad was a really big burly guy who always sat in the same seat near the top the bleachers. Just about every game, he would let out with at least one very loud "MOVE" yell that every one in the gym could hear. It had a positive effect on us, believe me. Maybe Billy should try that approach.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Western falls in final seconds to North Dakota.
From the McDonough County Voice:
https://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/2 ... rth-dakota
Necks2003

sealhall74 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:12 pm
leatherneckcountry wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:02 pm Anyone with an unbiased opinion see a replay of it and tell me if it was a foul they never showed a replay at the game. We can put a lot of blame on ourselves Ben played like a freshman today and Kobe was nowhere to be found for most of the game.
I thought it was a foul. Johnson was not positioned between the shooter and bucket, he was off to the side, and somehow managed to get one arm tangled up inside the arms of the shooter. There was definitely some contact because you could see Johnson's body become off-balance after the shot.

No ref in a reasonable position would ever call a foul 10 ft behind the three point line on a last second off balance shot with no chance of making it. The foul literally gave them the game. Someone had money on that call. Only way it gets called.
Lakesbison

finally saw it. what a summit newcomer gift for them.