The Dons @ Wayne's World

sealhall74

Did you know Fort Wayne and legendary actor John Wayne are both named after the same person, that being American Revolutionary War General "Mad" Anthony Wayne (Jan. 1, 1745-Dec. 15, 1796).

The Dons have been up and down this year just like us. Massey has them about a 9 point favorite going in.

I think you will have to fork out 5.95 to see this one. I did that last night for the ladies game and it was not the worst 5.95 I have laid down. I dont think they do those crazy replays while the action is going on anymore (knock on wood).

https://gomastodons.com/watch/?Live=710&type=Live

Others games game to watch include Denver at ORU (lost last 4) and Omaha at USD (played at the Pentagon in Sioux Falls). If Denver and Omaha win those, you are going to have five teams within a single game of the cellar in the Summit League and we wil be one of them. That is going to be a crazy finish to see who stays home from the tournament.
Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

Gilbeck a beast around the rim tonight.
sealhall74

PFW 79 WIU 64
Brandon with the Triple Double.
Billy probably thinking "Damn I wish would have redshirted this kid".
We could be really good next year with him around again if he continues the present development pace.
wiu712

Kobe Webster led the Western scoring with 15 points. Brandon Gilbeck had 12 points, 16 rebounds, and 10 blocks. C.J. Duff had 11 points.

Brandon Gilbeck had the Summit League's first triple-double in 11 years.

Purdue Fort Wayne led 34-30 at the half.

Attendance at Purdue Fort Wayne = 1,908.

Next game will be at Western Hall vs South Dakota on Feb 16. Game time is 2PM.
wiu712

Stellar defense pays off for PFW. Mastodons offense picks up in 2nd half.
From the Fort Wayne Journal Gazette:
http://www.journalgazette.net/sports/co ... ff-for-pfw
wiu712

wiu712

Current Summit League Standings:
South Dakota State 10-1
Omaha 8-2
Purdue Fort Wayne 8-3
North Dakota State 7-4
Oral Roberts 6-6
Western Illinois 3-8
South Dakota 3-8
North Dakota 3-9
Denver 2-9
sealhall74

ORU stole the crap out their game aganst USD in Vermlllion. The game of the season is one week away at home against the Yotes. Put all of your marketing prowess into that one. It's as simple as the quadratic fomula, i.e.. win it, your in it, lose it, you don't deserve to be in it. I will be in Sioux Falls regardless. That's life.
sealhall74

sealhall74 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:09 pm ORU stole the crap out their game aganst USD in Vermlllion. The game of the season is one week away at home against the Yotes. Put all of your marketing prowess into that one. It's as simple as the quadratic fomula, i.e.. win it, your in it, lose it, you don't deserve to be in it. I will be in Sioux Falls regardless. That's life.
Maybe I had a couple too many Jack and Cokes last night and exaggerated a bit or I was still buzzed from watching Doc Nix and his Green Machine at the Mason/LaSalle game. Still, you don't nurture a badly wounded coyote (USD has four losses in a row) back to health on your pasture land.
sealhall74

I see the WIU Jazz Fest is this coming weekend. Probably some very talented musicians will be in the neighborhood. Is this going hurt or help the Pep Band efforts for the games on Saturday. I hope it helps. VCU Peppas did a special arrangement with Miley Cyrus back in 2014. They held up the game until she was done as they rightly should have. She gets on stage about the 1:30 mark. Who could ever complain about intermissions and media breaks being too long if they were all like this one.