At Omaha

wiu2013

OldHare wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:23 pm
meganeck wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:37 am
RedNeck wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:44 pm God bless you 712.

Your untiring commitment to starting a thread for every basketball game for this abysmal excuse of a basketball team puts you in a select category of "Alumnus with undying commitment no matter what."
I think he probably attends most home games also, so he really is a solider.

By the way Thanks for 712 for doing that and the little recap he does for each game, but i am done with this team, I feel bad saying that because I think they have some good players, but something is just not clicking. I am just assuming they will lose the rest of their games this season.
Does Coach Wright have a few years left on a contract? It would seem he has not hit any of the marks for bonus during his tenure.
Coach Wright is not on a yearly contract. He may not have accomplished bonuses on the court, but I am sure there have been some made off the court. I know to fans basketball and any sport is Wins and Losses, but athletic departments and coaches must look at turnover rates of players each year and how that effects the APR. WIU Men's Basketball APR was in the pits and on the verge of consequences by the NCAA when Coach Wright took over the program, but is now back on par. They continue to top their GPA semester after semester. So, these young men (who a few have faced personal tragedies this season and continue to play as well as they can), may not be winning on the court, but will be successful young men off the court.
meganeck

wiu2013 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:23 pm
OldHare wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:23 pm
meganeck wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:37 am

I think he probably attends most home games also, so he really is a solider.

By the way Thanks for 712 for doing that and the little recap he does for each game, but i am done with this team, I feel bad saying that because I think they have some good players, but something is just not clicking. I am just assuming they will lose the rest of their games this season.
Does Coach Wright have a few years left on a contract? It would seem he has not hit any of the marks for bonus during his tenure.
Coach Wright is not on a yearly contract. He may not have accomplished bonuses on the court, but I am sure there have been some made off the court. I know to fans basketball and any sport is Wins and Losses, but athletic departments and coaches must look at turnover rates of players each year and how that effects the APR. WIU Men's Basketball APR was in the pits and on the verge of consequences by the NCAA when Coach Wright took over the program, but is now back on par. They continue to top their GPA semester after semester. So, these young men (who a few have faced personal tragedies this season and continue to play as well as they can), may not be winning on the court, but will be successful young men off the court.

Good points they are succeeding in the classroom which is always good to see.
Someone posted earlier they heard Billy has 1 year left on his contract.