vs Oral Roberts

wiu2013
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:16 pm

Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:56 am

sealhall74 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:44 am
wiu712 wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:32 pm
Current Summit League Standings:
South Dakota State 13-2
Omaha 12-2
Purdue Fort Wayne 9-5
North Dakota State 8-6
Oral Roberts 6-9
North Dakota 5-9
South Dakota 5-9
Western Illinois 4-10
Denver 2-12
Massey Projected Standings
1 Omaha 14-2 *
2 South Dakota State 14-2 *
3 Purdue Fort Wayne 11-5
4 North Dakota State 8-8
5 South Dakota 7-9
6 Oral Roberts 6-10
7 North Dakota 5-11
8 Western Illinois 4-12 **
Denver 3-13 **

* Omaha wins tiebreaker because they split with SDSU and swept PFW while SDSU only split with PFW.

** The only way we do not get in to tournament is by losing our 2 remaining games (one is against Denver and
Massey says we are the underdog in it) and
Denver winning their final game at home against Omaha and assuming we do not fare too well against the
Jacks on Daum's et al Senior Day.
I believe the men and women's team should be allowed to forfeit the last game against SDSU. Do you really believe they are going to let SDSU men or women lose on Daum and Miller's Senior Day! The travel to South Dakota is brutal then both teams will turn around and travel back to South Dakota the following week.
OldHare
Posts: 161
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 10:25 am

Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:08 pm

wiu2013 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:56 am
sealhall74 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:44 am
wiu712 wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:32 pm
Current Summit League Standings:
South Dakota State 13-2
Omaha 12-2
Purdue Fort Wayne 9-5
North Dakota State 8-6
Oral Roberts 6-9
North Dakota 5-9
South Dakota 5-9
Western Illinois 4-10
Denver 2-12
Massey Projected Standings
1 Omaha 14-2 *
2 South Dakota State 14-2 *
3 Purdue Fort Wayne 11-5
4 North Dakota State 8-8
5 South Dakota 7-9
6 Oral Roberts 6-10
7 North Dakota 5-11
8 Western Illinois 4-12 **
Denver 3-13 **

* Omaha wins tiebreaker because they split with SDSU and swept PFW while SDSU only split with PFW.

** The only way we do not get in to tournament is by losing our 2 remaining games (one is against Denver and
Massey says we are the underdog in it) and
Denver winning their final game at home against Omaha and assuming we do not fare too well against the
Jacks on Daum's et al Senior Day.
I believe the men and women's team should be allowed to forfeit the last game against SDSU. Do you really believe they are going to let SDSU men or women lose on Daum and Miller's Senior Day! The travel to South Dakota is brutal then both teams will turn around and travel back to South Dakota the following week.
I wish "They" would have made sure the Mavericks would have let the Jackrabbits win in Omaha. Summit travel is tough for many teams depending how they travel. Listen to the story Coach Coffman had for his trip that was sitting in 3 different airplanes before they took off. Coach Mo encouraged the thought that going to the Dakotas was making victims of those who traveled to games whether it was tourney or regular season. Don't recall the football game that the Jackrabbits had which required a later start due to weather bussing into Macomb. The Leathernecks won the game. It happens. The referees may not always please every or any fan in any game, but to assume that it is why you are not going to compete is a bit weak. Geno Auriemma always said if you do not want to get beat so bad....Get better. He also gave a backhanded slap to Coach AJ Johnston at a basketball convention when introduced he told AJ that he had heard how good his GPA for the team has been and then added they must not be spending enough time in practice with such good grades.
wiu2013
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:16 pm

Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:37 pm

OldHare wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:08 pm
wiu2013 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:56 am
sealhall74 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:44 am


Massey Projected Standings
1 Omaha 14-2 *
2 South Dakota State 14-2 *
3 Purdue Fort Wayne 11-5
4 North Dakota State 8-8
5 South Dakota 7-9
6 Oral Roberts 6-10
7 North Dakota 5-11
8 Western Illinois 4-12 **
Denver 3-13 **

* Omaha wins tiebreaker because they split with SDSU and swept PFW while SDSU only split with PFW.

** The only way we do not get in to tournament is by losing our 2 remaining games (one is against Denver and
Massey says we are the underdog in it) and
Denver winning their final game at home against Omaha and assuming we do not fare too well against the
Jacks on Daum's et al Senior Day.
I believe the men and women's team should be allowed to forfeit the last game against SDSU. Do you really believe they are going to let SDSU men or women lose on Daum and Miller's Senior Day! The travel to South Dakota is brutal then both teams will turn around and travel back to South Dakota the following week.
I wish "They" would have made sure the Mavericks would have let the Jackrabbits win in Omaha. Summit travel is tough for many teams depending how they travel. Listen to the story Coach Coffman had for his trip that was sitting in 3 different airplanes before they took off. Coach Mo encouraged the thought that going to the Dakotas was making victims of those who traveled to games whether it was tourney or regular season. Don't recall the football game that the Jackrabbits had which required a later start due to weather bussing into Macomb. The Leathernecks won the game. It happens. The referees may not always please every or any fan in any game, but to assume that it is why you are not going to compete is a bit weak. Geno Auriemma always said if you do not want to get beat so bad....Get better. He also gave a backhanded slap to Coach AJ Johnston at a basketball convention when introduced he told AJ that he had heard how good his GPA for the team has been and then added they must not be spending enough time in practice with such good grades.
As an educator, that is what is wrong with America. We praise wins and losses, and not the fact young men and women are graduating with a degree. I never implied that we were not going to compete, but let's not wear blinders and be naive and think that there is not favoritism that goes on in sports. This occurs in every league. I take nothing away from SDSU because they are good team, but let's be real some teams get calls that others do not. Traveling due to weather is not the same as travel and scheduling by the league.
User avatar
ST_Lawson
Site Admin
Posts: 5276
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:15 pm
Location: Macomb, IL
Contact:

Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:39 pm

OldHare wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:08 pm
Don't recall the football game that the Jackrabbits had which required a later start due to weather bussing into Macomb. The Leathernecks won the game.
2015, 2OT win for WIU: https://goleathernecks.com/news/2015/11 ... 52138.aspx
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
User avatar
sealhall74
Posts: 3733
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:18 pm
Location: Wherever, Windblows

Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:18 am

I think you can fly a 50 seat CRJ 200 jet out of the Brookings airport or at least the runway is long enough. I dont know if they if they fly charter for all of their distant games but it certainly is possible. I do know their ladies hoops team flew into Macomb last year, not on a jet, but a prop plane as the Macomb runway was a little short for a jet. They also have the luxury of an aviation program hosted at their local airport with a fleet of 5 or 6 small planes and I would imagine that helps out the coaches on short recruiting trips.
If Jimmy V was a programmer like me, he would have said it like this: while (!(succeed = try()));
wiu712
Posts: 4266
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:05 pm

Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:24 pm

Men’s basketball top Oral Roberts on senior night.
From the Western Courier:
https://westerncourier.com/43642/sports ... ior-night/
User avatar
RedNeck
Posts: 843
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:09 pm
Location: East Peoria

Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:20 pm

sealhall74 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:18 am
I think you can fly a 50 seat CRJ 200 jet out of the Brookings airport or at least the runway is long enough. I dont know if they if they fly charter for all of their distant games but it certainly is possible. I do know their ladies hoops team flew into Macomb last year, not on a jet, but a prop plane as the Macomb runway was a little short for a jet. They also have the luxury of an aviation program hosted at their local airport with a fleet of 5 or 6 small planes and I would imagine that helps out the coaches on short recruiting trips.
,

Hey Seal, how long is the East/West asphalt runway at Macomb Municiple anyway?
User avatar
ST_Lawson
Site Admin
Posts: 5276
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:15 pm
Location: Macomb, IL
Contact:

Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:32 pm

RedNeck wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:20 pm
sealhall74 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:18 am
I think you can fly a 50 seat CRJ 200 jet out of the Brookings airport or at least the runway is long enough. I dont know if they if they fly charter for all of their distant games but it certainly is possible. I do know their ladies hoops team flew into Macomb last year, not on a jet, but a prop plane as the Macomb runway was a little short for a jet. They also have the luxury of an aviation program hosted at their local airport with a fleet of 5 or 6 small planes and I would imagine that helps out the coaches on short recruiting trips.
,

Hey Seal, how long is the East/West asphalt runway at Macomb Municiple anyway?
Primary runway is listed as 5101 ft. length x 100 ft. width: http://www.macombairport.com/Pilot/
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
User avatar
Tere North
Posts: 849
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:59 pm

Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:09 pm

Based on https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/ ... nts/107832 from 2017, here's what technically could land at 5100-ft Macomb "International"

Aircraft / Runway Length Requirement / Suggested Airport Class

Airbus:
A318 / 3,400ft - 4,300ft (MLW) / B, C, D
A319 / 3,000ft - 5,000ft (MLW) / B, C, D
A320 / 3,500ft - 6,500ft (MLW) / B, some C
A321 / 3,600ft - 6,300ft (MLW) / B, some C
A330-200F / 3,000ft - 7,000ft (MLW) / B, some C
A330-300 / 3,000ft - 7,000ft (MLW) / B, some C

Boeing:
BC-17 Globemaster III / 3,500ft (1,064m) / B, C, D (non-verified)
B717-200 / 3,600ft - 5,000ft (MLW) / B, some C
B737-700 / 3,500ft - 5,000ft (MLW) / B, C
B737-800 / 3,800ft - 5,800ft (MLW) / B, some C
B737-900 / 4,100ft - 5,900ft (MLW) / B, some C
B757-200 / 3,900ft - 5,100ft (MLW) / B, C
B767-300 / 3,700ft - 5,300ft (MLW) / B
B777-200 / 3,700ft - 5,300ft (MLW) / B
B777-300ER / 4,700ft - 6,200ft (MLW) / B
B787-8 / 4,400ft - 5,000ft (MLW) / B
B787-9 / 4,400ft - 6,200ft (MLW) / B
B747-SOFIA / 3,500ft - 5,400ft (MLW) / B
B747-VC-25 / 4,300ft - 7,300ft (MLW) / B
B747-200 / 4,500ft - 7,300ft (MLW) / B

Bombardier:
Dash 8-Q400 / 4,230ft (MLW) / B, C, D
CRJ-200 / 4,850ft (MLW) / B, C, D

Embraer:
ERJ-170 / 3,300ft - 4,300ft (MLW) / B, C, D
ERJ-175 / 3,300ft - 4,300ft (MLW) / B, C, D
ERJ-190 / 3,300ft - 4,300ft (MLW) / B, C, D
ERJ-195 / 3,800ft - 5,000ft (MLW) / B, C, D
Post Reply