Quasi-Official Tom Douple Summit Tourney Thread

Necks2003
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:26 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado

Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:17 pm

I wonder if Wright ever reaches out to old mentors like Coach Mo in these types of games. Would be nice to see something slightly new to maybe throw SDSU off guard. Whatever we have tried, never sems to work.
User avatar
sealhall74
Posts: 3733
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:18 pm
Location: Wherever, Windblows

Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:53 am

Things dont always fall into place at the Falls but you do the best you can with what you have available. Sometimes an AD (Tim Van Alstine) has to recruit some local Augustana college kids to show up and cheer for his team on the ESPN broadcast. Other times, the director of the pep band needs a couple of extra horns to rock the joint.

https://www.kdlt.com/2018/03/04/sioux-f ... it-league/
If Jimmy V was a programmer like me, he would have said it like this: while (!(succeed = try()));
User avatar
sealhall74
Posts: 3733
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:18 pm
Location: Wherever, Windblows

Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:15 am

Necks2003 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:17 pm
I wonder if Wright ever reaches out to old mentors like Coach Mo in these types of games. Would be nice to see something slightly new to maybe throw SDSU off guard. Whatever we have tried, never sems to work.
Coach Mo might be looking for work after this year. Still fairly young at 64.
If Jimmy V was a programmer like me, he would have said it like this: while (!(succeed = try()));
User avatar
Tere North
Posts: 849
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:59 pm

Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:15 am

sealhall74 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:15 am
Necks2003 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:17 pm
I wonder if Wright ever reaches out to old mentors like Coach Mo in these types of games. Would be nice to see something slightly new to maybe throw SDSU off guard. Whatever we have tried, never sems to work.
Coach Mo might be looking for work after this year. Still fairly young at 64.
Please no. 48-46 is not a basketball game, it is a sleep fest. Run and gun, score points, lots of points.
User avatar
ST_Lawson
Site Admin
Posts: 5276
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:15 pm
Location: Macomb, IL
Contact:

Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:06 pm

Tere North wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:15 am
sealhall74 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:15 am
Necks2003 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:17 pm
I wonder if Wright ever reaches out to old mentors like Coach Mo in these types of games. Would be nice to see something slightly new to maybe throw SDSU off guard. Whatever we have tried, never sems to work.
Coach Mo might be looking for work after this year. Still fairly young at 64.
Please no. 48-46 is not a basketball game, it is a sleep fest. Run and gun, score points, lots of points.
So you're saying you don't want games where neither team hits 40...like both times we played Savannah State in 12/13?
https://goleathernecks.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=67
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
User avatar
Tere North
Posts: 849
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:59 pm

Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:15 am

ST_Lawson wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:06 pm
Tere North wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:15 am
sealhall74 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:15 am


Coach Mo might be looking for work after this year. Still fairly young at 64.
Please no. 48-46 is not a basketball game, it is a sleep fest. Run and gun, score points, lots of points.
So you're saying you don't want games where neither team hits 40...like both times we played Savannah State in 12/13?
https://goleathernecks.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=67
Exactly, Scott!
Necks2003
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:26 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado

Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:59 am

If Kobe, Zion, Duff and Pyle all start hitting shots to assist in freeing up Gilbeck down low, this team can be downright dangerous....However, we have yet to really see it consistently throughout the season. Hope it all changes for a championship run tomorrow!

Optimist yes, but realistically, hopefully we can keep a game out of it and make interesting at the end.
User avatar
sealhall74
Posts: 3733
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:18 pm
Location: Wherever, Windblows

Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:56 pm

Fact 1: In order to win the tournament, a team must win 3 games in 4 days on a neutral and fairly hostile court.
Fact 2: Since 2005, Western has averaged 2.64 wins per SEASON on the road.

That said,

Image
If Jimmy V was a programmer like me, he would have said it like this: while (!(succeed = try()));
Post Reply