At Sioux Falls

sealhall74

I stayed in the hotel last night and watched the men's final on ESPN2. Just a question for those who watched all of the action on either MidCo/Espn+ OR ESPN2. Ignoring the possible bias of the announcers, which broadcast group do you think did the best job of showing the action, both on the court and in the stands? Just my opinion, but I think MidCo might have done a better job with the pre, within, and post-game interviews based on what I saw happening. They also made use of a nice camera jib crane which was located very close to my seat. It was no where to be found during the ESPN broadcast of ladies championship game. Not sure about Men's final.

Point is if the quality of the ESPN broadcast is not as good as Midco, then why the hell let ESPN tell us when to hold the Championship just so they can have the broadcast rights to it. Why not start the tournament on Thursday, end it on Sunday so the most people possible, *Dakota* or not, can attend both the Semis and Championship games?
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:53 pmMidCo/Espn+ OR ESPN2: Which broadcast group do you think did the best job of showing the action, both on the court and in the stands?
The Midco telecast was the better one.

Midco had all the games for the first 3 days of the tournament. Midco is a regional sports channel covering the Dakotas and Minnesota. Their announcers were familiar with the teams. Their "Tournament Central" concept was similar to what we see with the telecast of the Iowa and Illinois high school tournaments.

The Midco telecast had more interviews and more crowd shots.
OldHare

This season also had Midco covering games in Omaha for the Dakota teams. They may be working their way up for the coverage since they do have 2 broadcast stations and they cover college hockey for UND. The off nights from home games usually provides some choices for other conference games. They also have some games that may be on the open sport channels of Direct or Dish or both.
wiu712

Mens basketball ends tough 10-21 season against NDSU in Summit League tournament semi-final.
From the Western Courier:
https://westerncourier.com/43854/sports ... emi-final/
wiu712

Tuesday night (March 19) in the NIT:
South Dakota State at Texas.
8:00 PM on ESPN.