At UMKC

wiu712

UMKC won the game 68-67. This game was part of the Summit League-WAC Challenge.

Western had the ball, down one, with 5.6 seconds left in the game but never got a shot off.

UMKC's largest lead of the game was 18 points (27-9).

Ben Pyle led the Western scoring with 21 points. Zion Young had 15. C.J. Duff had 12.

Attendance at UMKC = 964.

Next game will be on Wednesday (Dec 4) at Evansville. Game time is 6:00 PM.
meganeck

Anybody else watch this game? I thought WIU got screwed.Kobe got called for a ticky tack foul, that put UMKC at the line for the game-winning free throws.They never showed a replay but watching it live didn't look like a foul. Especially since a couple possessions before that, looked like WIU got hammered and no call, even the KC announcers said the refs are letting them play. Also when WIU was up 4 I believe, it looked like an obvious travel call on UMKC and they didn't call it and they go in for a lay up.

Anyway I'll stop whining, impressive come back by the team after being down so much in the first half, but still disappointed in a game they probably should have won. Wish somehow Pyle could have got a chance at the game winning show but figured it would be Kobe with the ball and the chance.
wiu712

Jahshire Hardnett leads UMKC to home victory over Western Illinois.
From the Kansas City Star:
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/colle ... 24604.html
wiu712

meganeck wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:29 pmI thought WIU got screwed. Kobe got called for a ticky tack foul, that put UMKC at the line for the game-winning free throws.
It looked like a minor hands foul. I was surprised that the refs would call something like that in the last 10 seconds of the game.
Tere North

wiu712 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:56 am It looked like a minor hands foul. I was surprised that the refs would call something like that in the last 10 seconds of the game.
Why should the time on the clock (or score, fouls, etc.) have anything to do with what is called or not called? You want unbiased refs who are consistent and call what the see when they see it.
wiu2013

Tere North wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:34 am
wiu712 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:56 am It looked like a minor hands foul. I was surprised that the refs would call something like that in the last 10 seconds of the game.
Why should the time on the clock (or score, fouls, etc.) have anything to do with what is called or not called? You want unbiased refs who are consistent and call what the see when they see it.
I am not sure how unbiased the refs were, and at the end of games like this one, players should decide the game not refs! Slight hand checks are not called (at least on Kobe’s go ahead shot) at the end of games.
sealhall74

Hitting our FTs at a very good clip this year. Now if we could only find a a way to get to the line more often. I did not see the game, only boxscore to look at. Claar got few minutes to go along with his 4 fouls. Injured? This has been a problem forever. Our bigs now and before just dont put pressure on the defense by drawing fouls in the paint.
Embrace the pace of the race.
meganeck

sealhall74 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:53 am Hitting our FTs at a very good clip this year. Now if we could only find a a way to get to the line more often. I did not see the game, only boxscore to look at. Claar got few minutes to go along with his 4 fouls. Injured? This has been a problem forever. Our bigs now and before just dont put pressure on the defense by drawing fouls in the paint.
I only saw the last 10 minutes or so of the game and Claar didn't play while i was watching, just assumed it was because of fouls. I was surprised that they didn't put Claar in at the end of the, so he could protect the rim. They rode Roderick Smith down the stretch.
wiu712

Men’s hoops drops close game to the UMKC Kangaroos.
From the Western Courier:
https://westerncourier.com/46399/sports ... kangaroos/
wiu2013

Claar was terrible (that is putting it mildly) the whole game. I believe someone said it earlier...this team will go (somewhat) as he goes. Right now he is two steps forward, then quickly one step back.