Time to Fire Billy Wright and Rebuild the Basketball Program

wiu712

Western Illinois Basketball: Billy Wright fired after 6 years as head coach.
From "Busting Brackets":
https://bustingbrackets.com/2020/03/04/ ... ead-coach/
Necks2003

Bat man reminded me of a time when a bat actually flew and got stuck in my roommates bedroom when we were undergrads at Western. It was funny at the time due to he was shrieking like it was the end of the world, but he unfortunately had to swat it with a tennis racket to put it out of its misery.
LeatherCy

Is this AD capable of conducting a coaching search?? I'm sure we have no funds to hire a "search firm."
LeatherCy

Matt Margenthaler will NOT be a candidate. He interviewed last time and quickly realized he had a much better situation at MN State. Tim Walsh, Geoff Alexander are names I hear are interested in the job
LeatherCy

Once or twice a year we would have a bat fly thru the "Sleeping Dorm" at the AGR House. One guy kept a racquetball racquet under his bed and would swat the bat!!
meganeck

LeatherCy wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:04 am Matt Margenthaler will NOT be a candidate. He interviewed last time and quickly realized he had a much better situation at MN State. Tim Walsh, Geoff Alexander are names I hear are interested in the job
Last edited by meganeck on Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meganeck

LeatherCy wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:01 am Is this AD capable of conducting a coaching search?? I'm sure we have no funds to hire a "search firm."
I am worried about this also
wiu712

Billy Wright out as Men’s basketball head coach.
From the Western Courier:
https://westerncourier.com/47292/news/b ... ead-coach/
TheBatOfWesternHall

Necks2003 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:21 am Bat man reminded me of a time when a bat actually flew and got stuck in my roommates bedroom when we were undergrads at Western. It was funny at the time due to he was shrieking like it was the end of the world, but he unfortunately had to swat it with a tennis racket to put it out of its misery.
Bat man? Who says I'm a man bat? The intolerance and stereotyping done in this group is astounding! I will only endorse one man for coach! The Bat of Western Hall declares the Leathernecks should chase after the one the only William (Billy) Wright for coach to get the program back on track.
rocki

TheBatOfWesternHall wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:57 pm
Necks2003 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:21 am Bat man reminded me of a time when a bat actually flew and got stuck in my roommates bedroom when we were undergrads at Western. It was funny at the time due to he was shrieking like it was the end of the world, but he unfortunately had to swat it with a tennis racket to put it out of its misery.
Bat man? Who says I'm a man bat? The intolerance and stereotyping done in this group is astounding! I will only endorse one man for coach! The Bat of Western Hall declares the Leathernecks should chase after the one the only William (Billy) Wright for coach to get the program back on track.
Seriously???????? Lighten up, Francis!!! The simple fact is most of us grew up reading Batman comics or watching the TV show/movies using the same lead character - and he was a dude, thus our collective idea of his namesake being a dude. Also, what magic wand do you have that would make year 7 THE year that WIU Men's BB turns the corner into a successful program? I am of the opinion that if something hasn't worked in the previous 6 years, it's time for a change - Lord knows if I was in a job that underperformed like that I'd be looking for brighter horizons.

Now, back to the rafters with you! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: