Time to Fire Billy Wright and Rebuild the Basketball Program

Necks2003

Hopefully this doesn't get as ugly and stupid as the previous football vacancy. Conduct a national search...be organized...and make an informed decision sooner rather than later. Time for this new AD to step out and start making some statements once this all transpires.
TheBatOfWesternHall

Lucky night for bugs, in the area. I am disgusted and don't think I'll be able to eat. If you are celebrating this I hope the bugs I don't eat invade your home. If they do please keep them, I'll get over it and come eat them at a later date. Guarentee we don't get a better coach and this is all the fault of the Summit League
Neckfansince71

No longer a rumor! Billy Wright is a class individual and I wish him well.;) jc
WIUSuperFan

Definitely wish Billy Wright the best, but definitely the right choice for WIU. The men's program has suffered every year that he coached. I hope whoever WIU finds next to be the new head coach can build things back up. As one chapter closes, another one opens.
Devin Biggs
BS, Meteorology (2017)
Alumnus of Western Illinois University
Email: dm-biggs@wiu.edu
WIUSuperFan

Necks2003 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:32 pm Hopefully this doesn't get as ugly and stupid as the previous football vacancy. Conduct a national search...be organized...and make an informed decision sooner rather than later. Time for this new AD to step out and start making some statements once this all transpires.
Well, they made the first decision by firing Wright. Now hopefully a good national search brings in much needed growth to the program. We shall see what happens.
Devin Biggs
BS, Meteorology (2017)
Neckfansince71

Bat, you cannot blame the Summit League for Billy Wright's programs failure. Just does not make sense to do that. Over my 23 years of coaching basketball I just can't remember any game that truly was a loss I could hang on the officiating. In the end, no matter what, players have got to make plays and coaches need to put their players in a situation to make plays. Thats all you can ask. How many times did WIU miss layups as the clock ticked off to the end. Was there a foul, heck maybe, but sometimes you got to just make the plays, hit the shot, make the free-throw etc. ;) jc
TheBatOfWesternHall

Neckfansince71 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:00 pm Bat, you cannot blame the Summit League for Billy Wright's programs failure. Just does not make sense to do that. Over my 23 years of coaching basketball I just can't remember any game that truly was a loss I could hang on the officiating. In the end, no matter what, players have got to make plays and coaches need to put their players in a situation to make plays. Thats all you can ask. How many times did WIU miss layups as the clock ticked off to the end. Was there a foul, heck maybe, but sometimes you got to just make the plays, hit the shot, make the free-throw etc. ;) jc
23 years of coaching vs seeing every game with a bird's eye or should I say bats eye view of the game. Kobe gets hand checked and fouled everytime he drives, should be shooting 1000 free throws a season but to big of cowards
WIUSuperFan

Neckfansince71 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:00 pm Bat, you cannot blame the Summit League for Billy Wright's programs failure. Just does not make sense to do that. Over my 23 years of coaching basketball I just can't remember any game that truly was a loss I could hang on the officiating. In the end, no matter what, players have got to make plays and coaches need to put their players in a situation to make plays. Thats all you can ask. How many times did WIU miss layups as the clock ticked off to the end. Was there a foul, heck maybe, but sometimes you got to just make the plays, hit the shot, make the free-throw etc. ;) jc
I have never understood the idea of officiating in the NCAA. What I would perceive as a foul isn't called a foul, but what isn't a foul is called a foul. There have been questionable games where I felt the officials doomed the team, but what do I know. I still don't understand NCAA officiating.
Devin Biggs
BS, Meteorology (2017)
meganeck

Neckfansince71 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:51 pm No longer a rumor! Billy Wright is a class individual and I wish him well.;) jc
definitely a good guy and I'm sure he won't be out of a job long, someone will hire him as an assistant coach. He is a good recruiter so he'll land on his feet.
wiu712

WIU, Coach Wright part ways.
From the McDonough County Voice:
https://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/2 ... -part-ways