New Head Coach

rocki

TheBatOfWesternHall wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:14 pm
Necks2003 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:54 am
TheBatOfWesternHall wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:14 am Hire me
Might as well....being this team was about the worst in the country defensively and via RPI. Even a Bat should be able to do better than that! :D :D :D
I won't be as good as Billy but who could be!
:? :shock:
TheBatOfWesternHall

rocki wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:02 pm
TheBatOfWesternHall wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:14 pm
Necks2003 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:54 am

Might as well....being this team was about the worst in the country defensively and via RPI. Even a Bat should be able to do better than that! :D :D :D
I won't be as good as Billy but who could be!
:? :shock:
Bat emojis all look I'm trying to screech or attack you so I don't have the luxury of using them
leatherneckcountry

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:30 am I think any new hire will fall into one of these categories:

1) Rising star assistant coach at a current blockbuster D1 program (like DT at UNLV)
2) Very successful up and comer from the lower level (like JD at Quincy)
3) Proven D1 HC now sailing into his twilight years as an assistant at a major program (like Mo at Minnesota)
4) Former WIU assistant coach who is familiar with the landscape (like Billy Wright)
5) Former WIU PLAYER who is INTIMATELY familiar with momentous task at hand (a Ceola or Jack Houpt kind of guy)

While 1-4 have been either total flops or had only very brief moments of consequential success, 5 has yet to be tried.
I am leanng in the direction of 5. Go Boldly, Danielle.
I was told today by a friend who is in the coaching ranks that #2 or 3 is the most likely option that it will most likely be someone who has collegiate HC experience at some level. Also some possible candidates could fall into more than one of these list.
leatherneckcountry

I wonder if Jeff Horner is being looked at yes the former Hawkeye he just won the GLVC tournament with Truman State.
meganeck

leatherneckcountry wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:52 am I wonder if Jeff Horner is being looked at yes the former Hawkeye he just won the GLVC tournament with Truman State.
I think someone mentioned him before, but I wonder if Tim Miles would have any interest or if he will try and hold out for something that is considered a better job.

I think Horner would be a great hire, i know he has had some health problems, cancer I believe. Not sure the whole story with his health, but I know he wasn't out recruiting because of it. Also I think he is getting treatments in Iowa City, I think Macomb might be a little closer to Iowa City, than Truman St, but not sure I guess.
meganeck

leatherneckcountry wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:33 am
sealhall74 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:30 am I think any new hire will fall into one of these categories:

1) Rising star assistant coach at a current blockbuster D1 program (like DT at UNLV)
2) Very successful up and comer from the lower level (like JD at Quincy)
3) Proven D1 HC now sailing into his twilight years as an assistant at a major program (like Mo at Minnesota)
4) Former WIU assistant coach who is familiar with the landscape (like Billy Wright)
5) Former WIU PLAYER who is INTIMATELY familiar with momentous task at hand (a Ceola or Jack Houpt kind of guy)

While 1-4 have been either total flops or had only very brief moments of consequential success, 5 has yet to be tried.
I am leanng in the direction of 5. Go Boldly, Danielle.
I was told today by a friend who is in the coaching ranks that #2 or 3 is the most likely option that it will most likely be someone who has collegiate HC experience at some level. Also some possible candidates could fall into more than one of these list.
2 or 3 would be my preference - 1 hasn't really worked out for us in the past DT and Billy, although Kerwin worked out.
vatusay

Central Michigan lost in the first round of Mid-America conference tournament. Curious to see if Tifft is on WIUs short list.
#ALLIN #YOLO
LeatherCy

Heard a couple names mentioned tonight. Talked to a couple people closer to Macomb and closer to the program than me. Was told the AD is doing this entirely on her own, seeking no input from anyone. I was afraid this would happen. I know of a couple D1 Assts who inquired about the job this week. The AD came up as a ?? with both Assistants. i sure hope she doesn't screw this up.
vatusay

I don’t like the sound of that.
#ALLIN #YOLO
Western_101

"She's going to do this all on her own"

No AD would do it all own their own. That statement is just trying to bolster her ego or she doesn't want people to dissect who actually is involved in the process.

Kinda polite way to say F*** off, of course everyone knows the magnitude of this she's not stupid.