New Head Coach

LeatherCy

Matt left Truman when he was selected as HC of the G League team in Des Moines. He went from Waukee High School to Truman. Any of the three would be a good hire. I know Underwood is beating the drum for Walker and why wouldn't he. Walker came to the Illini with Groce and Brad retained him.
Necks90

Time to hire a young gun whose ready to take our reins and work hard for the program and integrate himself into the community, much like JD Gravina has done. No retreads please!!!!! Time is of the essence with UIC and IUPUI also looking.
leatherneckcountry

LeatherCy wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:31 pm Matt left Truman when he was selected as HC of the G League team in Des Moines. He went from Waukee High School to Truman. Any of the three would be a good hire. I know Underwood is beating the drum for Walker and why wouldn't he. Walker came to the Illini with Groce and Brad retained him.
Of the 3 my preference would probably be Walker. He was pretty loyal to groce as he came with him to Illinois. Now he’s been pretty loyal to Illinois. He has been in charge of the Illinois defense which the Illini were really good at. Then I go with Marty he had a pretty successful run at Evansville which isn’t an easy school to win at. Then I go with Woodley I’m a little concerned at how much he has bounced around I’ve also seen his name connected to Northern Colorado. But I think any of these 3 could be a really good coach for the program.
leatherneckcountry

I’m here UIC is also very interested in Walker.
LeatherCy

UIC may appeal to Walker more, big city, can recruit without going anywhere distant, I'm sure more money, better facilities. I wonder how much Underwood has "sold" him on Western and Macomb? Sure isn't the Western when Underwood was here.
Necks90

I'm hearing newer UIC AD wants a bigger name. Someone whose already been a head coach like Tim Miles. Important that WIU moves quickly to find the right individual that will be an excellent coach and a good fit in Macomb.
leatherneckcountry

LeatherCy wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:13 pm UIC may appeal to Walker more, big city, can recruit without going anywhere distant, I'm sure more money, better facilities. I wonder how much Underwood has "sold" him on Western and Macomb? Sure isn't the Western when Underwood was here.
I guess it just depends on if you want to raise s family in Chicago. It sounds like UIC was paying there last coach about 400 K we won’t come close to that. I wonder how much coach travel for recruiting anymore cause there’s so much video out there.
leatherneckcountry

I think I’ve looked at just about every coach in the country resume this week as I had taken this week off for March madness.
Bball Fan

Here's hoping our new coach is close to being selected, but sure during these uncertain times other things are more important. Stay safe everyone.
meganeck

Bball Fan wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:10 am Here's hoping our new coach is close to being selected, but sure during these uncertain times other things are more important. Stay safe everyone.
Agree, would be nice if we get an announcement this week, but who knows with the current situation.