The New LeRoy A. Ufkes Court at Western Hall

sealhall74

wiu712 wrote:Just noticed that the Summit League has scheduled the North Dakota State at Western Men's Basketball game for Sunday, Feb 1. That will be "Super Bowl Sunday".

Seems like a strange day to schedule a game.
That gives the Bison an extra day of travel to get from Fargo to Macomb. Whether by bus or plane, it is pretty much an all-day adventure with probably not much of an opportunity to squeeze in some practice time. I think it makes sense from the Bison perspective. I am sure the game time will be such that fans will have plenty of time to get home to watch the Super Bowl.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

The Super Bowl usually starts around 5:30 PM.

So our BB game with North Dakota State should start no later than 2PM. That would allow fans to attend the game and still get to their favorite Super Bowl viewing place.

It's a shame that a big game like this with North Dakota State (2014 Summit League Tourney winner) would be played on Super Bowl Sunday.

There would no doubt be a big crowd if this game were to be played on the more traditional Saturday night. I'm not sure what the crowd will be for a Sunday afternoon game--especially on Super Bowl Sunday.