Actually Looking Forward to this Season

Rocky Swishterson

Although three of the first four games on our schedule (thus far) seen like sure losses (Top Ten Iowa at Iowa...yikes), I'm finally able to greet the new WIU hoops season with optimisim. Maybe not for this year as far as winning goes, but the hiring of the head coach and his staff seem to already have the team pointed in a positive direction.

Good luck 'Necks!!!!
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Rocky Swishterson wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:18 am Although three of the first four games on our schedule (thus far) seen like sure losses (Top Ten Iowa at Iowa...yikes), I'm finally able to greet the new WIU hoops season with optimisim. Maybe not for this year as far as winning goes, but the hiring of the head coach and his staff seem to already have the team pointed in a positive direction.

Good luck 'Necks!!!!
I feel the same way. I'm not expecting miracles in the first season (like winning the conference and making the "big dance") but I think a solid improvement over what we've mostly seen the last few years decades is absolutely possible. It'll be nice to be able to watch games and not expect to just lose in most situations.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
meganeck

Has anybody heard what Billy is doing? Did he get another job (asst coach, etc) somewhere.? Yes I expect to see a big improvement this year. I believe Jeter is the real deal.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

meganeck wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:49 pmHas anybody heard what Billy is doing? Did he get another job (asst coach, etc) somewhere.?
Hard to tell if this is up to date or even what it's trying to say, but it looks like he might be involved with Baylor Basketball Events (not affiliated with Baylor University in TX): https://baylorbasketball.org/profile/billy-wright-head/

Here's more info about that organization: https://baylorbasketball.org/foundation/about-us/
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
meganeck

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:46 pm
meganeck wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:49 pmHas anybody heard what Billy is doing? Did he get another job (asst coach, etc) somewhere.?
Hard to tell if this is up to date or even what it's trying to say, but it looks like he might be involved with Baylor Basketball Events (not affiliated with Baylor University in TX): https://baylorbasketball.org/profile/billy-wright-head/

Here's more info about that organization: https://baylorbasketball.org/foundation/about-us/
Interesting, thanks Scott
sealhall74

This season will be interesting from many perspectives. Most importantly, can we keep the players safe and on the court. I watched a highlight clip of a HS game here in the QC last night. Davenport Assumption girls were all wearing masks on court during the game while the other team did not. I guess coaches will do their own thing in that regard. As for fans, how do we keep them engaged with only the broadcast option. I am watching the Covid version of Lets Make a Deal right now. Small studio audience but they also have contestants zooming in from home. The zoom approach could also work for any fan games during the breaks in the action. It is time to let our creativity juices run wild IMHO.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Necks2003

If they could get creative enough to get some form of fan streaming feature....it may actually increase attendance at the men's games! I am all for it and hopefully a successful and safe season overall.