2020/2021 Season - Non-Conference Games Thread

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

I know we've got Iowa up this evening, but I noticed this about our next opponent (home opener against Central Michigan on Sunday):

Think about that, CMU just lost by 19 to a DII team that hasn't had a winning record in 12 years.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Interesting connection about tonight's game:
Iowa has a Junior G/F named Joe Wieskamp who has averaged 12.5 ppg and 20.5 minutes per game in the Hawkeyes first two games this season.
Joe's older brother, Matt Wieskamp, played WR for our Leatherneck football team a few years ago. Matt is also the husband of Leatherneck Basketball legend Emily (Clemens) Wieskamp. Both Emily and the Wieskamp family are from Muscatine.

So, that 6'6" dude probably putting up the double-double against us tonight...that's Emily Clemens's brother-in-law.
sealhall74

CMU head coach Keno Davis the son of Dr. Tom Davis who had great success at Iowa (wiinningest coach in history). According to Wiki, he still lives in Iowa City. Could Dr. Tom be doing some scouting for his son tonight and maybe even be on the bench with him on Sunday?

Also, anyone know if the media guys like Scott Holland get access to the games? After watching three days of a remote Bill Walton on ESPN, I just have to know this stuff works. ;)
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

We just added a game this Sunday (12/20) at UT-Martin:
leatherneckcountry