Iowa

wiu712

Iowa wins 99-58.

Tamell Pearson led the Western scoring with 12 points. Rod Johnson had 11. Will Carius had 10.

Western shot 30% (24 of 80). 6 of 31 (19%) on three-point shots.

Attendance at Iowa City = 543.

Next game will be Sunday (Dec 6) at Western Hall vs Central Michigan. Game time is 2:30 PM. The game will be available on Leatherneck All-Access.
loyalfan

I will take my chances in conference play..we are definitely a different team from previous years..best blow out loss I have seen as far as looking at our team..played Iowa as physical as any team this year in my opinion
sealhall74

We had a 4 or 5 minute stretch in 2nd half of solid play to pull within 16. Then, it seemed like 2 minutes later, we were down by 30 again.
Garza is a load to deal with but IMO, a little slow of foot, and we exploited it a few times. I would have liked to see more passes into the paint against him and then some kickouts for the really good open shots. I saw enough to be excited for the future. Just a matter of figuring out the chemistry and it seems like we have a lot of compounds to work with. I look for watson to get more playing time - appeared to be very quick and athletic, not sure of his shooting range.

I guess I had forgotten that Watson was originally signed with Wake Forest. He got lots of minutes last night. The question is can both he and Brookens be in the lineup together. Tough one, as you give up some size that way. Maybe alternate them every so many minutes and while each is in, really push the ball on offense.
Embrace the pace of the race.