Schedule

sealhall74

It appears to me that there are 4 men's and women's back to back doubleheaders on the schedule, all when the school is not in session.

11/29
12/30
1/4
1/10

I like those. You kind of wonder why they do it. Is it to hopefully boost attendance with the students out of town? Is it to save money (energy) so you can kill two birds in Western Hall with one stone? And if it is good to do when the school is not in session, would it also work when the students are in town. Or does it become a money losing venture then? Regardless, I do like it. Also like the idea of having the ladies be the "main event" every now and then as appears to be the case on 1/4 (men open at 1pm and ladies follow up at 4:30). Gotta keep it fresh. Just like the athletes, you want the fans always on their toes and never back on their heels.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Up until the last few years, the Saturday conference games were always Women's / Men's double-header games.

But now the Summit has gone to the "mirrored" schedule: When the Men are home, the women are on the road.
Tere North

I heard somewhere last year, hopefully not just a dream, that they were going to do away with the mirrored scheduling starting with the 2015-2016 season since it didn't work out real well in the first year of the trial (last year's 2013-2014 season) and increased expenses with not having the sharing of resources potential on the Saturday double headers.

Anyone remember hearing that, any updates, etc.?
sealhall74

I have not heard anything but don't see the advantage in waiting a year if it is true. Do you think we will ever see doubleheaders with men and women squaring off against the same opposing school? I think that would go a long ways in fostering the development of conference rivalries.
Tere North

Supposedly the reason for waiting a year was because league schedules are set 2 years in advance, so the 2014-15 league schedule has already been set while we were playing the 2013-14 games.
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote:Do you think we will ever see doubleheaders with men and women squaring off against the same opposing school?
The Saturday double-headers of past years had the Men and Women playing the same opponent.
sealhall74

wiu712 wrote:
sealhall74 wrote:Do you think we will ever see doubleheaders with men and women squaring off against the same opposing school?
The Saturday double-headers of past years had the Men and Women playing the same opponent.
How soon I forget. Also forgot that the women played on Monday and not Thursday back then. Duh.
Lakesbison

I like your non conf. ndsu has iowa and texas in a tourney, other than that, blah.

you guys know a 6 8 C/F from Hilsboro IL Dylan Miller? he committed to NDSU, if you know anything hit me up.