Schedule

sealhall74

Say goodbye to former Mid-Con EIU and hello to former Mid-Cons Cleveland State and Akron.
Anderson before conference opener seems out of place but JD did that last year with a couple of "cupcake tune up" games and I think it worked out pretty well.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote:Not sure who our rival is now.
Both Men's and Women's Basketball games with Oral Roberts seemed to bring out a louder crowd. And now, after a 2 year absence, ORU is back!
sealhall74

wiu712 wrote:
sealhall74 wrote:Not sure who our rival is now.
Both Men's and Women's Basketball games with Oral Roberts seemed to bring out a louder crowd. And now, after a 2 year absence, ORU is back!
You think Obi is going to get a little extra-special treatment from the Purple Haze section?
Embrace the pace of the race.
basfan445

Overall it seems like the schedule is pretty good. There are definitely a lot of winnable games especially with the talent we have. I would like to see the team finish around .500 this year and then build on that the next two years especially with the talent of our incoming freshman and our star players Garret and Jabari. I really think Garret will be a truly special player his Jr. and Sr. year.
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote:You think Obi is going to get a little extra-special treatment from the Purple Haze section?
Our home game with Oral Roberts comes during the semester break (January 10). Probably won't be a lot of students at that game.

Here's the ORU face sheet on Obi:
http://www.oruathletics.com/ViewArticle ... EASON=2014
wiu712

I see that our home game on Super Bowl Sunday has a TBA start-time.
WIU0812

More like TBR (To Be Rescheduled)
wiu712

Scheduling a Summit League game on Super Bowl Sunday is a questionable move by the League.

People's habits for that day are pretty much established.
HoosierNeck

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised with the schedule. There are several teams that won between 14-24 games last year. I liked Billy's quote about scheduling good teams to challenge his team. 14 home games is better than last year.

A few more thoughts:

-Why do we have to play Greenville College EVERY year (I'm not opposed to playing them but they should be an exhibition game; the same with Anderson)
-Dislike the ORU game during break and the NDSU game on Super Bowl Sunday.
-Games on Friday night and Sunday afternoon are different (probably lower attendance)
-I will throw this out again: play 1 game at the iWireless Center every year; have fan buses and make it a package deal with food. Play a double-header and let the women's team play first.
-Any chance we can get Bradley back on the schedule? What about Nebraska? (I think Coach Mo deserves recognition for all of his work)
WIU0812

I am guessing he did not have a lot of choice as some of the were home and home or most likely multiple game deals?