2015 Summit BB Tournament

OldHare

The presale for the 2015 tournament begins on August 22. If you have purchased Summit Tournament tickets in the past online, the sale begins August 21. If you purchased tickets for the Summit Baseball tourney, tickets go on sale August 20. Sioux Falls Sports Authority is using Ticketmaster for online sales. The new Denny Sanford Arena is capable of seating 12,000 for basketball, but it was indicated that they would fill the bottom bowl of 7,000 before they thought of using the upper level.
http://sfsportsauthority.org/2014/08/20 ... et-update/
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Info is much appreciated, OldHare. I hope you don't mind, but I moved this topic from Forum Info (which is really more for things relating to the look/feel/usage of the forum itself...forum rules, tips, etc.) to the Men's BBall forum.

Again though, thanks for letting us know. I know at least a few people here try to make it up for most of the conference BBall tournaments.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

Thanks Old Hare for the heads up. I will be warming up my fingers bright and early on the 21st to get a good seat or two. Look forward to seeing you in SF if not in Brookings before that.
Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

Has anyone got any tickets for this yet. Was reading on Jack board that Ticketmaster was slapping a hefty service fee on to the ticket price. I thought I would be able to get mine today (one day before public sale) but could not find any "promo" code from Ticketmaster in my mail box. Oh well, I will try again tomorrow. Did stumble across that Judy Collins is coming to my town. Might have to do her too.
sealhall74

I am good to go for next year. Section 115 row P which should be a huge upgrade from where my seat was last year in the old arena. What I really like about small/medium size sports events like this is for most of the games (televised final excluded), a person can generally sit wherever they want if a lot of seats are unoccupied. I hope the event staff at the new Premier Center has that same laissez-faire attitude that they had in the old arena. I am scratching my head at this very moment wondering if Tommy Bell has installed a similar seating policy - that apparently was a a bit of a thorny issue for hoops games at Western Hall under the TVA regime. Also starting to wonder if Tommy is going to make some changes as to to WHERE students sit. They deserve the best seats IMO and it would all be for naught without them. Well, I am rambling on and meandering as usual. My apologies. ;)
Lakesbison

sealhall74 wrote:I am good to go for next year. Section 115 row P which should be a huge upgrade from where my seat was last year in the old arena. What I really like about small/medium size sports events like this is for most of the games (televised final excluded), a person can generally sit wherever they want if a lot of seats are unoccupied. I hope the event staff at the new Premier Center has that same laissez-faire attitude that they had in the old arena. I am scratching my head at this very moment wondering if Tommy Bell has installed a similar seating policy - that apparently was a a bit of a thorny issue for hoops games at Western Hall under the TVA regime. Also starting to wonder if Tommy is going to make some changes as to to WHERE students sit. They deserve the best seats IMO and it would all be for naught without them. Well, I am rambling on and meandering as usual. My apologies. ;)

good point, im afraid its gonna be "seat Nazi" time at this new taj mahal.