WIU - Week 9

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Two more losses last week brings Western's record to 7-6 overall and 0-2 in the conference. Seems like a pretty big drop off compared to the first month of the season. Up this weekend is one game for the men, at home.

Saturday, January 9th at 2 PM vs IUPUI
IUPUI has had a rather rough season so far, with only 5 wins (4 over Div. I opponents). A couple of their losses are to some very good teams, OT against Marquette (who also beat Wisconsin this season), against ranked Purdue and Butler. Wins over MVC team Indiana State, DII Kentucky State, Miami (OH), Southern Utah, and in-conference South Dakota. They'll play at home against SDSU on Thursday evening (tonight) on ESPN3. Full schedule here: http://www.iupuijags.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball
This game is the first of a men's/women's double-header on Saturday afternoon/evening at Western Hall.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

Wow, Saturday will be an exciting day for me. FCS Natty game at 11, back to hotel for two Leatherneck broadcasts, then off to TCU for their game with Texas.
Embrace the pace of the race.
meganeck

Kind of surprised, Oral Roberts has started out 0-3 in the conference, not that that disappoints me and still a long way to go, but just figured they would be at the top.

IUPUI is 2-1, so a win against them Saturday would be nice. Hopefully there is a big crowd since there won't be any students.
ibleedpurpleandgold

meganeck wrote:Kind of surprised, Oral Roberts has started out 0-3 in the conference, not that that disappoints me and still a long way to go, but just figured they would be at the top.

IUPUI is 2-1, so a win against them Saturday would be nice. Hopefully there is a big crowd since there won't be any students.
it's kids day there should be a nice crowd.
vatusay

NFL playoffs may put a dent into the attendance.
#ALLIN #YOLO
meganeck

WIU trails by one at the half, IUPUI is 5-8 on 3-pointers in the first half
meganeck

WIU faded late again, seemed to be playing well when Garrett was out, then when he came in started to struggle. Another disappointing loss.
cubsflag

i missed the game.but from the stats, d.combs beat wiu.he is a great player.and in all honesty,he belongs at WIU.he is right out of south suburbs.
sealhall74

Same old same old. Four guys 35+ minutes. Opponent has one guy at 32 mins and everyone else less than 30. Our guys have to work way too hard. Not sure what the answer is. Mix it up a little? Throw in some zone defense now and then which should have a little less wear and tear on the bodies? Stick with your identity and get the same results?
Embrace the pace of the race.
cubsflag

sealhall74 wrote:Same old same old. Four guys 35+ minutes. Opponent has one guy at 32 mins and everyone else less than 30. Our guys have to work way too hard. Not sure what the answer is. Mix it up a little? Throw in some zone defense now and then which should have a little less wear and tear on the bodies? Stick with your identity and get the same results?
i'm hoping billy isn't feeling pressure and playing guy's too many minutes.most likely injuries are involved.