WIU - Week 10

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote:I dont mind rude in a fun sort of way. Not sure what went on but we probably could've had some fun with Scott Sutton and his plaid sport jacket last night. When rudeness crosses that line and becomes personal in nature I do have a problem with it. Worst case of rudeness I every witnessed was back when Obi was here and we were playing at Evansville. Those kids were totally brutal to the point where Obi was hiding his head on the bench beneath a towel. Another one comes to mind in Western Hall during pre-game warmups when some students were questioning Nate Wolters sexual prowess. Leave that stuff in the dorm room before showing up.
Yea, we didn't do any of that. We used to be MUCH worse when I was an undergrad.
Closest thing to "personal" attacks that anyone in the band did (that I noticed) was calling Obi "Benedict Arnold". Mostly though they were calling him "Obi Wan"....which I don't even consider an insult. There was some yelling at the ORU coaches to "sit down" and "get off the court"...but not much that could be considered "personal". Maybe we were just being too loud ;)

Also, one of our band alumni who's currently in grad school at Villanova (and in their pep band) said that the stuff that Western does is really tame compared to 'Nova's band and students.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote:
sealhall74 wrote:I dont mind rude in a fun sort of way. Not sure what went on but we probably could've had some fun with Scott Sutton and his plaid sport jacket last night. When rudeness crosses that line and becomes personal in nature I do have a problem with it. Worst case of rudeness I every witnessed was back when Obi was here and we were playing at Evansville. Those kids were totally brutal to the point where Obi was hiding his head on the bench beneath a towel. Another one comes to mind in Western Hall during pre-game warmups when some students were questioning Nate Wolters sexual prowess. Leave that stuff in the dorm room before showing up.
Yea, we didn't do any of that. We used to be MUCH worse when I was an undergrad.
Closest thing to "personal" attacks that anyone in the band did (that I noticed) was calling Obi "Benedict Arnold". Mostly though they were calling him "Obi Wan"....which I don't even consider an insult. There was some yelling at the ORU coaches to "sit down" and "get off the court"...but not much that could be considered "personal". Maybe we were just being too loud ;)

Also, one of our band alumni who's currently in grad school at Villanova (and in their pep band) said that the stuff that Western does is really tame compared to 'Nova's band and students.
Sometimes the risk of razzing someone is all you do is light a fire under them. For whatever reason, Obi really turned up his game around the 10-12 minute mark of 2nd half.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Wednesday's (Jan 20) game at South Dakota will be huge.

We are 0-5. South Dakota sits one game above us (1-4) in 8th place--the final spot for the conference tournament.

If it comes down to a tie-breaker at the end of the season, a season sweep over USD would punch our ticket.