WIU - Week 10

letsgonecks

They better step it up fast. I'd have more confidence if we we were playing us!!!!! I guess we've blown leads in the second half, so they could too?
sealhall74

Is All-Access still working?
Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

Played a good (energetic) 2nd half but the 1st half deficit was too great to overcome. Fall to Pioneers 76-69. Any wins in conference will not come easily.
vatusay

I'm guessing they beat Wisconsin, and thought they were just better than everyone because of it. Back to earth. I'd say they need a reality check but that should have happened half doezen games ago.
#ALLIN #YOLO
sealhall74

Gilbeck starts every game and gets 10-12 minutes of PT, nearly all of it in the first half. I just have a hard time figuring that one out. It's like a chemistry experiment or something - you mix in the same ingredients exactly the same way every time, you get the same result.
wiu712

It was a very slow first half for Western. Western was down by 18 at the half (39-21). Denver's largest lead was 23 points.

J.C. Fuller led the Western scoring with 17 points. Garret Covington had 16. Jabari Sandifer had 12. Jalen Chapman had 11.

Denver shot 54% (27 for 50). Western shot 42% (24 for 57).

Attendance at Western Hall was 916.
Necks2003

The team is still lacking a sense of urgency for a consistent 40 min. Currently sitting in last place and unfortunately dont be appear to be improving by just playing one of the worst games of the season. I just hope they can get Covington to stay around for his senior season. It seems obvious he is tired of constantly losing. He still has a red shirt season available if he wanted it.

Confidence is key. They need to win someof these home games to get out of the cellar.
cubsflag

i missed the game,so i shouldn't comment.but,lol,it looks like there isn't enough competition.but i am glad to see bruster get some good minutes.hopefully the big red head will keep improving and be able to do something come tournament time.but the main problem with this team is they dont have a 3.and i mean small forward,not 3 pt shooters.and if you play 3 guards ,your 4 better have the talents of a 3.did i get you all confused yet?
cubsflag

Necks2003 wrote:The team is still lacking a sense of urgency for a consistent 40 min. Currently sitting in last place and unfortunately dont be appear to be improving by just playing one of the worst games of the season. I just hope they can get Covington to stay around for his senior season. It seems obvious he is tired of constantly losing. He still has a red shirt season available if he wanted it.

Confidence is key. They need to win someof these home games to get out of the cellar.
LEADERS DONT TRANSFER.and i dont think anyone heard he was thinking about it either.
sealhall74

To paraphrase an ORU fan board post about this game, "Western stinks".
Not saying I agree, just reporting on what that one ORU supporter thinks.
The conference season is early and there is still time to fix what is wrong
But come middle of February before doing it, then that will be too long.
We have a nice mix of experienced gunners mostly from beyond the arcs.
Our paint crew has us yearning for a second coming of one named Parks.
Looking into my trusty crystal roundball, I find one thing perfectly clear.
The veterans must take the wheel of this team for it is theirs to steer.
The coaches must show trust in the youngsters who will make mistakes
which become building blocks for newfound confidence, for Petes' sakes.
Yes, it would've been nice to have this figured out before the new year
But sometimes in life we are stuck in neutral before throwing it into gear.