WIU - Week 11

vatusay

TP and Ceola are far and away best players WIU has seen for a long time. David Jackson was also a STUD. Obi would have been close to the top also. There were alot of supremely talented players on DT teams (remember he recruited Ceola) but just no discipline. That is essentially why he failed as a coach.

Parks was a game changer in the Summit league. No one could match up with his athletic ability down low. He was a bit undersized to be a true center but man he was long, athletic, crazy quick, COORDINATED, and had ball skills. He attacked the basket and fought for boards. Seemed to have that "quick twitch muscle" everyone always talks about. You dont see that from anyone on the team now, aside from tate every now and again.

Just very very disappointing to see the direction this team is headed. On top of that I dont see this current roster improving much over the next year or two.

I hope im wrong and someone shows up for the team. They need it.

I thought Wright was a solid hire, but i am quickly losing faith in anything he is doing.
#ALLIN #YOLO
sealhall74

The mid-major coach's biggest dilemma is whether or not to take a gamble on high-risk stud athletes. In the last decade or so, we have been witness to both extremes of the spectrum. How about a happy medium for a little change of pace?

http://westerncourier.com/25936/news/th ... inutes-88/
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

So, in the time that Wright has been coach, we've (so far) gone 3-19 in the conference, 15-30 overall.
This thread posted around the end of the season last year said that he was initially hired on a 1-year contract: http://www.leathernecknation.net/forum/ ... ?f=8&t=521
Anyone know what his current contract is? Is it still year-by-year or is he on a multi-year deal?

And if he's year-by-year, do you think he's gone at the end of this year (if things keep progressing as they have, ending with only a couple of conference wins maybe)? Or does he get one more year to try to turn things around (or did the Wisconsin win give him some extra time)?
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ibleedpurpleandgold

ST_Lawson wrote:So, in the time that Wright has been coach, we've (so far) gone 3-19 in the conference, 15-30 overall.
This thread posted around the end of the season last year said that he was initially hired on a 1-year contract: http://www.leathernecknation.net/forum/ ... ?f=8&t=521
Anyone know what his current contract is? Is it still year-by-year or is he on a multi-year deal?

And if he's year-by-year, do you think he's gone at the end of this year (if things keep progressing as they have, ending with only a couple of conference wins maybe)? Or does he get one more year to try to turn things around (or did the Wisconsin win give him some extra time)?
Not sure there are any better options unless we got lucky and there was another Molinari out there 2 yrs isn't much time.
vatusay

I never thought they would miss Molinari this much.
#ALLIN #YOLO
sealhall74

ibleedpurpleandgold wrote:
ST_Lawson wrote:So, in the time that Wright has been coach, we've (so far) gone 3-19 in the conference, 15-30 overall.

Not sure there are any better options unless we got lucky and there was another Molinari out there 2 yrs isn't much time.
I would be very surprised if Billy did not get at least one more year. Probably deserves two more given the situation he inherited from Mo.
sealhall74

vatusay wrote:I never thought they would miss Molinari this much.
I gave that some serious thought after watching a replay of USD game. I came away with the conclusion that Mo's slow pace and lock down defense would have put that one in the W column for us.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote:I would be very surprised if Billy did not get at least one more year. Probably deserves two more given the situation he inherited from Mo.
That sounds likely. And just to be clear, I wasn't calling for his immediate firing or anything...I was just curious what people thoughts were about how much time he has to turn things around.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ibleedpurpleandgold

ST_Lawson wrote:
sealhall74 wrote:I would be very surprised if Billy did not get at least one more year. Probably deserves two more given the situation he inherited from Mo.
That sounds likely. And just to be clear, I wasn't calling for his immediate firing or anything...I was just curious what people thoughts were about how much time he has to turn things around.
I would like to see more of the smaller lineup we seemed to play really well against denver with fuller, sandifer, bruster, covington, and tate/chapman.
cubsflag

i would think coach wright would get at least one more year.especially seeing his first year he was hired late and didnt get to recruit much.plus he did bring in a couple good freshman this year imo.next year the big redhead and this freshman pg should make the team better from their improvement alone.covington and sandifer should be much much better too.plus i think mike and morgan are also keepers.i sure hope he can get a couple good jucos though.