WIU - Week 11

vatusay

Yes, that's why I mentioned him.
#ALLIN #YOLO
Necks2003

I agree that you dont want the entire foundation of any team built around players that wont be here more than 2 years. However, if you can land 1-2 juco players in a given year to strenghten a weakness, that goes a long way to build a better team rather than force young or underskilled players into positions they are not ready for going up against men possibly 4 years older than them.

As we all get more frustrated watching this unfold, ideas begin to run rampant with what needs to improve. I would still love to see the team pull their heads out of you know what and make a run for the second half of conference. No team in this conference is unbeatable if you play a solid allnaround game.
cubsflag

wiu needs too bring in some juco help next year for the 4 yr sr's.i was hoping this team would come in a year early--but next year is their year actually.
sealhall74

From what I can see, having about a 50-50 mix of JUCO/non-JUCO is about the only way we can maintain any relevance in the DI world and even then it is a struggle. Getting really good #4-#5 guys from a JUCO into a low mid-major program is almost impossible (Mo did it with TP). Probably better to shoot for higher-level transfers who are not getting any playing time and are looking for some.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Saturday's home game with North Dakota State will be on ESPN3. Game time is 2PM.

The game will also be available via First Row Sports:
http://ifirstrowus.eu/sport/basketball.html
Necks2003

Team looks to be doing the typical second half scoring drought with 8 minutes left in the game.
sealhall74

Frankly, we look like a team that expects to lose from the opening tip. Just sort of going through the motions at this point. Sad.
cubsflag

juco route is the right way.but you have to redshirt them their first year.i wish this chapman had 1 more year.fuller too.
Last edited by cubsflag on Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sealhall74

cubsflag wrote:juco route is the right way.but you have to redshirt them their first year.i wish this chapman had 1 more year.
I agree for the big guys. Most are just not polished enough coming out of JUCO.
cubsflag

sealhall74 wrote:
cubsflag wrote:juco route is the right way.but you have to redshirt them their first year.i wish this chapman had 1 more year.
I agree for the big guys. Most are just not polished enough coming out of JUCO.
they don't have a clue to how hard d-1 is.