End the Season

cubsflag

sealhall74 wrote:
cubsflag wrote:
Blackjack wrote:Thanks! those are great stats, very impressive post ,, but there are intangibles in basketball.. I like Sandifer,, but now days point guards are scorers more than passers, thanks to the dribble drive ball screen offence and the way the refs make it easy to blow by defenders. Delo looks like he has a scorers mentality and he can blow by defenders. Like it or not the game is so different now. Its actually been simplified. ball screen dribble drive , pick and pop. swing pass do the same. So point guards don't really set the offence and run plays like the old days. I guess You could go small ball with both in, because Fullers game has fallin off also. If things get better and they start winning I will take all this back..lol.. like I say its just opinions.. problem I see with Covington is he can't really jump high enough to really be successful going to the basket against good teams, teams know his moves, His pump fake pivot moves don't work as well against good defenders and rotating shot blockers , so then he has to hit threes which this year has been great until last few games, and I cant forget last years 1 for 10 games he had. I like all the guys on this team ,, I want them to win as a team. I know they can.. Go Necks. Something to think about,, who would win this five on five game.. Sandifer Covington Fuller Tate gilbeck. vs Delo Ancrum Miklusak Chapman Morgan. (healthy ankle Ancrum).. I think it would be close, I would just platoon sub, these two squads,. it helps them play better and smarter together as a team. I know,, thank god I'm not coach..lol
i love that you have strong opinions.and i definitely understand your idea of shaking things up.but u are so wrong thinking that 2nd 5 u mentioned would stay close to the 1st five.
I have to go with BlackJack on this one. Healthy Ancrum could probably hold down Coverdale. Fuller is stronger than Miklusak. Everyone else about even IMO. I think it would be close. You pose an interesting question maybe NFS71 can answer. When teams do scrimmage, how do they go about it? I assume X % of time, it might be first squad and against second squad to try to build some cohesiveness and flow. Maybe Y % of time, you mix it up so that guys are working against other guys who will always challenge them. I do know they only way you get better in anything is to face someone who is a little (not a lot) better than you.
very interesting saying you think sophmore ancrum is as good as covington. and the freshman pg is as good as sandifer.and that morgan is as good as tate.very interesting indeed.if true,no wonder wiu isnt winning if the older players coach mo left them are not as good as the younger recruits billy brought in.but i totally dis-agree.but that's just my opinion.what does everybody else think?
ibleedpurpleandgold

sealhall74 wrote:
cubsflag wrote:
Blackjack wrote:Thanks! those are great stats, very impressive post ,, but there are intangibles in basketball.. I like Sandifer,, but now days point guards are scorers more than passers, thanks to the dribble drive ball screen offence and the way the refs make it easy to blow by defenders. Delo looks like he has a scorers mentality and he can blow by defenders. Like it or not the game is so different now. Its actually been simplified. ball screen dribble drive , pick and pop. swing pass do the same. So point guards don't really set the offence and run plays like the old days. I guess You could go small ball with both in, because Fullers game has fallin off also. If things get better and they start winning I will take all this back..lol.. like I say its just opinions.. problem I see with Covington is he can't really jump high enough to really be successful going to the basket against good teams, teams know his moves, His pump fake pivot moves don't work as well against good defenders and rotating shot blockers , so then he has to hit threes which this year has been great until last few games, and I cant forget last years 1 for 10 games he had. I like all the guys on this team ,, I want them to win as a team. I know they can.. Go Necks. Something to think about,, who would win this five on five game.. Sandifer Covington Fuller Tate gilbeck. vs Delo Ancrum Miklusak Chapman Morgan. (healthy ankle Ancrum).. I think it would be close, I would just platoon sub, these two squads,. it helps them play better and smarter together as a team. I know,, thank god I'm not coach..lol
i love that you have strong opinions.and i definitely understand your idea of shaking things up.but u are so wrong thinking that 2nd 5 u mentioned would stay close to the 1st five.
I have to go with BlackJack on this one. Healthy Ancrum could probably hold down Coverdale. Fuller is stronger than Miklusak. Everyone else about even IMO. I think it would be close. You pose an interesting question maybe NFS71 can answer. When teams do scrimmage, how do they go about it? I assume X % of time, it might be first squad and against second squad to try to build some cohesiveness and flow. Maybe Y % of time, you mix it up so that guys are working against other guys who will always challenge them. I do know they only way you get better in anything is to face someone who is a little (not a lot) better than you.
With Ancrum Chapman and Morgan on the same team all i see is a ton of TO's.
Blackjack

This is all hypothetical just for fun .. I bring this whole scenario up to show that they do have a bench when Ancrum is healthy.
The first five would obviously have an advantage because they have experience playing together , but Chapman might have many three point plays against Gilbeck,(if he finished and made freethrows) Ancrum and Miklusak can actually make a post entry pass, unlike fuller and Cov. Second team would need to play together a while and be coached right to win. Sandifer and Delo are about equal except for Sandifer experience factor. Second team would play more as a team because they don't have Covington that shoots 70% of the possessions. , Tate is better than Morgan and a senior. freethrows would be an issue with second team. so yeah first team probably would win. So i feel team has plenty of talent to win at least half their games, so whats the next excuse?
cubsflag

Blackjack wrote:This is all hypothetical just for fun .. I bring this whole scenario up to show that they do have a bench when Ancrum is healthy.
The first five would obviously have an advantage because they have experience playing together , but Chapman might have many three point plays against Gilbeck,(if he finished and made freethrows) Ancrum and Miklusak can actually make a post entry pass, unlike fuller and Cov. Second team would need to play together a while and be coached right to win. Sandifer and Delo are about equal except for Sandifer experience factor. Second team would play more as a team because they don't have Covington that shoots 70% of the possessions. , Tate is better than Morgan and a senior. freethrows would be an issue with second team. so yeah first team probably would win. So i feel team has plenty of talent to win at least half their games, so whats the next excuse?
you definitely know your stuff.i can't argue with any of it.