WIU - Week 12

sealhall74

Only saw last half of this one as I went to see GW@GMU game. No defensive adjustments other than personnel from what I could tell. Our press was soft as silk but it probably did not matter. GW beat GMU in a fairly close one. To me, the game changer in that one (momentum wise at least) was when GW switched to 1-3-1 zone for just a few possessions in 2nd half. I think when you are getting killed both inside and out, you must switch up your defense now and then to try to disrupt their flow. Or you can take your ass-whooping and regroup.
Embrace the pace of the race.
cubsflag

sealhall74 wrote:Only saw last half of this one as I went to see GW@GMU game. No defensive adjustments other than personnel from what I could tell. Our press was soft as silk but it probably did not matter. GW beat GMU in a fairly close one. To me, the game changer in that one (momentum wise at least) was when GW switched to 1-3-1 zone for just a few possessions in 2nd half. I think when you are getting killed both inside and out, you must switch up your defense now and then to try to disrupt their flow. Or you can take your ass-whooping and regroup.
i think you may be on to something here.if you don't have the players to play man to man, all the time,just mix in a bunch of different zones.but zones aren't as easy to play as some teams make it look.it does take a lot of practice.but that might be something for billy to think about for next year.that way you can recruit offensive players who know how to play in a good offensive scheme.
wiu712

IPFW outscores Western by 17 points in the second half to win the game 88-67.

Garret Covington led the Western scoring with 17 points. Jabari Sandifer had 11.

IPFW shot 56% (33 for 59). Western shot 41% (25 for 61).

Attendance at IPFW was 1,079.