Next Year

sealhall74

If I am Billy chasing down good JUCO prospects, this is the way I would do it. Sign them during early signing period (November) of their sophomore year. Convince them to forego playing that year at the JUCO level but finish out the semester there and then enroll in spring term at Western. They get a spring semester of scholarship aid and some time to workout with the team and hit the weight room hard. This approach is almost like a "half-redshirt". This approach would probably work for academically-inclined and athletically-talented high school seniors as well as most high school kids can graduate a semester early if they plan it out right from the beginning.

The early bird gets the worm.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Tere North

sealhall74 wrote:If I am Billy chasing down good JUCO prospects, this is the way I would do it. Sign them during early signing period (November) of their sophomore year. Convince them to forego playing that year at the JUCO level but finish out the semester there and then enroll in spring term at Western. They get a spring semester of scholarship aid and some time to workout with the team and hit the weight room hard. This approach is almost like a "half-redshirt". This approach would probably work for academically-inclined and athletically-talented high school seniors as well as most high school kids can graduate a semester early if they plan it out right from the beginning.

The early bird gets the worm.
Can only give the 1/2 year scholly if there is one to give. Men are limited to 13.
cubsflag

illinois st. just had a 6 8 freshman kid who was redshirting say he is transferring.he will be eligible immediately,i do believe.most likely another school already has him but it be worth looking into.
ibleedpurpleandgold

cubsflag wrote:illinois st. just had a 6 8 freshman kid who was redshirting say he is transferring.he will be eligible immediately,i do believe.most likely another school already has him but it be worth looking into.
Yeah he's from FL and said he wanted to move closer to home.
wiu712

There are 6 games left.

Up next is the last road trip of the season with games at Denver, Oral Roberts, and North Dakota State.

Then there will be a three-game home stand to end the regular season: South Dakota State, IPFW, and South Dakota.

We are currently in last place with a 1-9 conference record.

We will need to get past either South Dakota or Oral Roberts to get into the 8th position. Both of those teams are 3-8.
Blackjack

If You can replace Chapman and Tate.. Its all good.. The problem is not talent. Its fitting style of play with talent and making adjustments .
It depends on what coach does rest of year.. In my opinion we can beat every team in the conference and I think we will. But If we don't, and Billy wants to blame it on talent he should tell the players he doesn't want to try to transfer. And bring in JUCO players. I have seen this. Sometimes saves coaches job sometimes not.
wiu712

This article about Tate Stensgaard was in today's "Western Courier":
http://westerncourier.com/34651/sports/ ... -shoulder/
Necks2003

I hope Wright can figure out how to stop the pick and roll from DU. He has played them 3 times and should be able to figure out they go crazy with them during the second half every time they play us to close out the game. I am looking forward to being at the game to orrow, but if we get dominated by pick and rolls I may very well lose my mind.
cubsflag

Necks2003 wrote:I hope Wright can figure out how to stop the pick and roll from DU. He has played them 3 times and should be able to figure out they go crazy with them during the second half every time they play us to close out the game. I am looking forward to being at the game to orrow, but if we get dominated by pick and rolls I may very well lose my mind.
i guess you didn't loose you're mind.good to see because we are already way short of posters.
rocki

Since I really noticed this with men's basketball, I thought I'd post this here.

Particularly with Western's military background, I would LOVE to see this happen with all our teams here. I'm tired of the disrespect.