Next Year

MHSWIU

Totally agree! On senior night Mike M. and Jordan Hughes held a conversation during the Anthem. I was appalled and embarrassed.
wiu712

MHSWIU wrote:On senior night Mike M. and Jordan Hughes held a conversation during the Anthem.
That was not the first time for that sort of behavior during the National Anthem. It brought back sad memories of the Derek Thomas years.
wiu2013

So my suggestion would be if you are so offended by their behavior during the National Anthem then contact Coach Wright and make him aware of your concerns instead of voicing your frustrations on this board where nothing can be done about it. Most coaches probably assume they don't have to have a conversation with athletes that have played sports since the National Anthem has been played all of their lives. If you watch a lot of basketball/football/baseball games high school, college, professional, there are numerous players swaying, looking down, eyes closed, etc. I am not making excuses for the boys, but I am saying if you have an issue with their behavior during this time address with the coach!
vatusay

are there any verbal commits yet?
#ALLIN #YOLO
ibleedpurpleandgold

vatusay wrote:are there any verbal commits yet?
not sure about verbal's but we have the 2 that signed earlier.
sealhall74

After reflecting on the season and tournament this year, I think our future success depends on just how well we can recruit and develop kids in the paint who really want to get physical with the ball. Especially true in the tournament where the officials let all kinds of "lowering the shoulder" into a defender play go on. Not saying I like that stuff, just saying that is what it will take to compete for a league title. The Daum kid from SDSU is the poster child for "lowering the shoulder" around the basket. Rather than recruiting a traditional long and lean athlete, I might go after a more bullish looking guy like a Dex Warner from NDSU if he shows he can use his size to his advantage.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu2013

sealhall74 wrote:After reflecting on the season and tournament this year, I think our future success depends on just how well we can recruit and develop kids in the paint who really want to get physical with the ball. Especially true in the tournament where the officials let all kinds of "lowering the shoulder" into a defender play go on. Not saying I like that stuff, just saying that is what it will take to compete for a league title. The Daum kid from SDSU is the poster child for "lowering the shoulder" around the basket. Rather than recruiting a traditional long and lean athlete, I might go after a more bullish looking guy like a Dex Warner from NDSU if he shows he can use his size to his advantage.
You are correct...I heard from a source, from a source, from a source that assistants were told that a big man/men was their focus when out recruiting AND no long and leans because there were enough of those on the team. They were told "bullish" guys in the form of Dex Warner from NDSU