Feb 3 vs Omaha

wiu712

The first of two consecutive "Military Appreciation & ROTC Nights". The second one will be the Women's game on Thursday vs IPFW.

Wednesday's Men's game will be on ESPN3 and also available via First Row Sports.

Game time at Western Hall is 7PM.
sealhall74

I have heard more than enough "Omaha" in recent days. Time to hear something positive about the Leathernecks. This is a must game. No time to play it safe. Play every possession like it is your one and only.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-b ... c953e2aa62

BTW, it is more than appropriate that the Leathernecks face Omaha on Military Appreciation Night.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omaha_Beach

AttenTION! Present ARMS!
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Yea, I can't say I've been all that enthusiastic about putting up the weekly basketball posts.
Only the one game this week....tonight against Omaha.

Let's hope CC3 is right on his prediction...

[tweet]694976532238987265[/tweet]
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
vatusay

Only took four minutes to get first FG
#ALLIN #YOLO
vatusay

Minus the slow slow start, looked like a quality half for WIU.

This team, in my eyes, plays better with Covington and Fuller not on the court at the same time. Miklusak came in provided a nice spark off the bench and got their momentum going.

If they play the second half like the last 3/4 of the first and they have a good shot at a W.

Maybe get some momentum going? Hopefully its not too late.
#ALLIN #YOLO
Blackjack

LEATHERNECKS WITH SOME TEAM PLAY! OK OK,, LETS GET THIS W.. YOU DONT NEED COV TO SCORE,, JUST PLAY BALL.
vatusay

HEY HEY HEY!!!!

Had an inside game, got to the line, and played like a TEAM!

Noticed Fuller was on the bench all game except early in the first half.

Nice win and hopefully a spark to start the second half of conference play.
#ALLIN #YOLO
Necks2003

Whoever wrote the playing for spoilers alert should be sanctioned. While I know the team is still in last place, they are still no where close to being mathematically eliminated from the conference tournament. Maybe they are just referring to being regular season conference champ, but the only thing that truly matters is making the conference tournament and having a shot at the conference tournament championship for a trip to the big dance.

Bruster may now be the best defender we have. He looked good once he got the time and he slowed down the Patterson kid dramatically with his quickness. Miklusak playing sober really sparked the team as well. His energy level was unmatched. The team looked good and played a game through the end. Now they just need to figure a way to string a couple of victories together in a row and try to make something for the remainder of the season.

Who knows, maybe we can get hot down th stretch. I hope we continue to see a few younger guys get some minutes and see what the team has to offer. Ancrum finally had a few minutes back tonight and hit some important free throws. He kind of seems to play like Adam Link from a few years ago with great quickness and inside driving ability.
sealhall74

Miklusak was a spark for sure. Others, particularly Stensgaard, kicked it up a notch as well. An effort like tonight should be good for a Win in Denver assuming that altitude thing does not become an issue. High altitude affects everyone differently. Might have to go a little deeper into the bench because of it. I am spending the whole week out there so by Thursday I should be well-adjusted to it. No downhill for me. Going to try some cross country skiing for the first time.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Western wins 83-76!!

Garret Covington led the Western scoring with 23 points. Jabari Sandifer had 17. Mike Miklusak had 14. Tate Stensgaard had 13.

Mike Miklusak and Delo Bruster provided a good spark.

Attendance at Western Hall was 922.