Feb 17 at NDSU

sealhall74

ibleedpurpleandgold wrote:
sealhall74 wrote:Gotta take some risks at times. If a team wants to play slow, kick on a serious press (both full and half-court) at times to force a turnover or two. This is how I saw really good teams embarrass MO time and time again. I have only seen a zone D for about five minutes of the conference season this year. No reason to hide anything at this point of season. Is Ancrum so injured that he is unable to to play any significant minutes?
Pansies play Zone i know Juco is different than D1 but i was a student manager for a team that won 2 straight national titles and we didn't play zone for 1 possession in my 2 yrs we didn't even have a zone defense in the playbook if kids can't play defense maybe they shouldn't play @ this level.
You dont need to play zone if your kids are bigger, stronger, quicker than your opponents. We aint there and we foul a lot because of it. Zone protects your weaker guys and we have an abundance of them.

Update: I just took a peek at the foul stat for conference games. No surprise that the two bottom-dwellers in that particular stat are also in the same spot when it comes to wins and losses. Sending your opponent to line more than he sends you there usually results in L.

http://www.thesummitleague.org/sports/m ... =1&pos=off
Embrace the pace of the race.
Blackjack

Remember the rules have changed, refs call touch fouls.. Duke went to zone last year because of it ?? I guess they are pansies..lol.. We are more athletic than most summit league teams. I like man to man and pressing like Shaka Smart at Texas, but he even plays some zone now..when teams kill you with pump fakes inside its because they know they cant go over you, but know the refs will call any touch foul.. sad to say but at this point Gilbeck is kinda a pansie, but would be better in the center on a 2-3 zone. Blocked shots come from rotating secondary defender, we never have that in this defense. WIU will never be any bigger, faster and stronger than they are now and will never shoot better from the arc.. so what are ya gonna do?.... lose
cubsflag

Just think about how many times a coach says how a zone defense just screwed them up.You have to use all your weapons.But you have to practice it.I would hope WIU would work on zone defense over the summer.