Feb 20 vs SDSU

sealhall74

Well, I started to watch a replay of the game this morning. Then I noticed something very interesting. We were beat before the National Anthem was done playing. I will leave it up to you to figure it out.
Embrace the pace of the race.
vatusay

I walked in late?
#ALLIN #YOLO
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote:We were beat before the National Anthem was done playing. I will leave it up to you to figure it out.
The only unusual thing that I noted with the National Anthem was that the ROTC Color Guard were not there. The Peach Blossoms were also absent.
sealhall74

wiu712 wrote:
sealhall74 wrote:We were beat before the National Anthem was done playing. I will leave it up to you to figure it out.
The only unusual thing that I noted with the National Anthem was that the ROTC Color Guard were not there. The Peach Blossoms were also absent.
All SDSU players and coaches observed proper decorum during playing of National Anthem by placing thier hand over heart. While the WIU coaches did likewise, our players were for the most part all on their own sheet of music (some with hands clasped behind back, some in front, some twiddling their thumbs, scratching their whiskers, ...) I would say we have a serious discipline and respect problem. We need to get back to the basics of what it means to be a DI basketball player. John Wooden would have them re-learning how to lace up their sneakers.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote:
wiu712 wrote:
All SDSU players and coaches observed proper decorum during playing of National Anthem by placing thier hand over heart. While the WIU coaches did likewise, our players were for the most part all on their own sheet of music (some with hands clasped behind back, some in front, some twiddling their thumbs, scratching their whiskers, ...) I would say we have a serious discipline and respect problem. We need to get back to the basics of what it means to be a DI basketball player. John Wooden would have them re-learning how to lace up their sneakers.
Saw a photo posted to (I think) twitter the other day, where an ROTC instructor was teaching the baseball team how to properly stand for the National Anthem. I wonder if the basketball team could use a refresher on that too.

Also, regarding the pep band...part of it could be that they were instructed not to stomp their feet anymore. We used to do that to help make noise, but the band can't do that anymore. I wasn't at the game last night, but when games get out of hand early like it did last night, it can be really hard to get any energy going. Even just trying kinda feels pointless. Now, if the team can get a little something going, then the band can latch on to that and really help boost the energy somewhat, but when there's no energy to pick up and run with, it's really hard to just generate that from scratch.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

We still have a pulse and we should know if the Saturday game against USD might have meaning before the tip against Fort Wayne on Thursday. The stars are aligning just right IMO.
wiu712

ST_Lawson wrote:Regarding the pep band...part of it could be that they were instructed not to stomp their feet anymore.
Scott, you have to tell me that this is a joke. Is it April 1 already ?????

Who gave this "instruction" ??? Was it the A.D. or the COFAC Dean ????

We already have enough people at the games who just sit on their hands. We don't need the Pep Band to join them.

The irony here is that the video boards often tell the fans to "GET LOUD". Perhaps the message needs to be "GET LOUD - BUT DON'T STOMP THE BLEACHERS"! :lol:

This has not been a good month for the Pep Band. First they are told that the university will not be sending them to the conference basketball tournament. And now this .......

Denver beat South Dakota today 76-71. So their conference record is 4-10 while we are two games behind at 2-12.

South Dakota will be at IUPUI on Thursday night while we will be playing IPFW at Western Hall.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote:
ST_Lawson wrote:Regarding the pep band...part of it could be that they were instructed not to stomp their feet anymore.
Scott, you have to tell me that this is a joke. Is it April 1 already ?????

Who gave this "instruction" ??? Was it the A.D. or the COFAC Dean ????

We already have enough people at the games who just sit on their hands. We don't need the Pep Band to join them.

The irony here is that the video boards often tell the fans to "GET LOUD". Perhaps the message needs to be "GET LOUD - BUT DON'T STOMP THE BLEACHERS"! :lol:

This has not been a good month for the Pep Band. First they are told that the university will not be sending them to the conference basketball tournament. And now this .......

Denver beat South Dakota today 76-71. So their conference record is 4-10 while we are two games behind at 2-12.

South Dakota will be at IUPUI on Thursday night while we will be playing IPFW at Western Hall.
The pep band was informed a couple of weeks ago about it, and apparently it came down from someone in Athletics. I don't know who, I just know that Athletics told them not to. They can still get loud, just no stomping.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

ST_Lawson wrote:The pep band was informed a couple of weeks ago about it, and apparently it came down from someone in Athletics. I don't know who, I just know that Athletics told them not to. They can still get loud, just no stomping.
This is unbelievable.
sealhall74

wiu712 wrote:
ST_Lawson wrote:The pep band was informed a couple of weeks ago about it, and apparently it came down from someone in Athletics. I don't know who, I just know that Athletics told them not to. They can still get loud, just no stomping.
This is unbelievable.
We can do better than foot stomping. After all, we are an Ag school.

[youtube][/youtube]