Feb 25 vs Fort Wayne

ibleedpurpleandgold

ST_Lawson wrote:On the plus side, apparently there was a really good turnout from the football and volleyball teams at the game:
[tweet]703040668118052865[/tweet]

The fall letterwinners were recognized at halftime, so that helped.
They honored the letter winners from the fall season so those teams where there they also had a football recruit visiting.
sealhall74

ibleedpurpleandgold wrote:
sealhall74 wrote:Fort Wayne and Omaha are this years Summit League "over-achievers". Fort Wayne got it done even after losing their leading score (Mo Evans) to academic issues in mid-January. Senior Max Landis has been lighting it up from beyond the arc all season long. Red-shirt freshman John Konchar has surprised a few with a stellar first year. He reminds me of a 6'5" rendition of Larry Bird with what he can do with and without the ball in his hands. The kid shows up on campus weighing 168 lbs and is obvious red-shirt material. After one year in the weight room he was up to 210 lbs and is now leading the Summit League in rebounding with about 9 per game.

This game may or may not have tournament implications depending on what USD does at IUPUI on Thursday. If we are still alive for a berth, then Billy needs to come with his best game plan of the year. If USD has it wrapped up by time game starts, might as well give the young kids some PT.
I don't know why anyone would call IPFW overachievers i thought them SDSU and ORU would be the teams to beat i would agree with omaha and i would say IUPUI have overachieved.
My assertion was based on Summit League pre-season projected finish vs current standings. The numbers are what they are:

Projected Finish (Current Standings Position) [Net Gain/Loss]
1. South Dakota State (2) [-1]
2. North Dakota State (4 - tied) [-2]
3. Oral Roberts (6 - tied) [-3]
4. Fort Wayne (1) [+3]
5. South Dakota (8) [-3]
6. IUPUI (4 - tied) [+2]
7. Omaha (3) [+4]
8. Denver (6 - tied) [+2]
9. Western Illinois (9) [0]

I don't see a clear-cut favorite in Sioux Falls. All teams have a couple or three players who could be real difference-makers on any given night. Next year, we need a scorer or two other than GC or we will meet expectations once again.
Embrace the pace of the race.